Orbital Bombardment 1.1.1 [1.6.4] (2014/01/29)
Important info. Please read
So, alot (17 and counting) of you have been complaining and spamming my pm box about the fact that the meteor strike does not work. Please read carefully:
The meteor strike does work, but it's a mob that gets spawned into the world at level 200ish (depending on your height). HENCE, IF YOU ARE PLAYING ON PEACEFUL, THE METEOR MOB WON'T SPAWN.
I am not changing the code base to conform to this. Spawning a mob creates a natural-looking falling object (according to MC-physics), and will stay like this. Play on easy difficulty or above to use this strike.
Secondly, I do not have to do this. I'm not getting paid- I run this project in my spare time and out of my love for the game. Your bad grammar and second grade spelling pm's and comments have no place in the open-sourced world of coding. If you can do something better than I did, ask me politely and ill share my code-base with you, then you can make the changes you want. Can't code? Though luck.
To everyone giving all the positive feedback and constructive criticism, thanks for being a member of the community. I applaud you, good sirs.
YES. I have been busy with other things in my life, but I'm back on the modding train once again and churning out code to make this mod more compatible, more fun, more balanced, and more stable. So, first things first:
After some two months of feedback from you guys, I have what I need to give you more of what you want out of this mod. One of the complaints I really took to heart was the MFFS Mod "incompatibility". I.E: The strikes ignored the MFFS field completely. That's just not right, and in the new update, that will be fixed. That, and a couple of other enhancements:
- Universal Electricity Integration: That's right. Your favourite power system integrated right into the mod. (Yes, you will be able to generate power with this mod. Conversion will roughly be 1J = 5PU, but this ratio might change).
- 2 New Destructive strikes.
- 3 New Utility strikes.
- More process complication (The good kind).
- Better stability.
- Better tolerance to other mods in terms of conflicting ID's.
- More tweaking options.
Watch this page for any development updates.
IMPORTANT!! UPDATERS AND NEW DOWNLOADERS READ HERE
A lot of things have changed since the last build (1.0.2). So lets dig in:
1. Removed the Photon Distribution Wire
Yes. Wired is out. Wireless is in. Read on to find out how.
2. Added new Machines (IMPORTANT!)
- 1. Photon Accelerator:
- This block is used to beam PU from adjacent Photonic Inverters up to 15 blocks away.
- 2. Photon Decelerator:
- This block is used to recieve PU from Photon Accelerators up to 15 blocks away, and distributes it EQUALLY to its 4 adjacent blocks; N, S, E, W.
- 3. Photon Defender
- This block is used as defence against the mob hordes!! Acts as a Sentry.
Photon defender Setup
The Photon Defender only needs to be inside the beaming range of the Photon Accelerator (default 15 blocks):
To sum up the above, the power transport systems works like this:
- Photon Decelerators and Inverters CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT Supply power to extenders. DO NOT TRY IT, IT WILL NOT WORK. THIS IS DONE SO ON PURPOSE.
- The max range of Photon Accelerators can be set in the config file (OB.cfg)
- Call several photon strikes while listening to Coheed and Cambria- "Here we are Juggernaught".
ATTENTION MOD PACK BUILDERS:
You have my permission to use Orbital Bombardment in any mod pack you wish to build (public or private), under the following circumstances:
PM/E-mail me the following information:
- Private/Public modpack
- Mod pack name
- Estimate monthly users