Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2, is a recreation of the popular combat mod for minecraft currently in development. The mod focuses on:
- Providing players with interesting and balanced combat features, including:
- New weapons
- Dual wielding of weapons
- A shielding mechanic
- Open source, meaning anyone is free to add to the code base
- The source code is available on github. Feel free to contribute or just have a poke around.
News & Annoncements
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 : Warcry (preview) Release 19/08/2013
We have (finally) released the first version of Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 for 1.6.2. This release has been codenamed "Warcry". This gives a good indication that this version focuses on Warrior's but also is likened to GotoLink and myself charging in with our first release.
This release includes
- The new battlemode system
- This will allow dual wieling of a small subset of items (mainly weapons)
- Shields block all incoming damage from the front 120degree arc when in use. Beware they can only be in use for a limited amount of time.
- New Weapons
- New weapons include the Waraxe, Mace, Dagger and Spear
Unfortunately we did have to remove some features from the old version (mainly revolving around the heraldry system)
Weapon System / Dual Wielding
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a new weapon system to minecraft. This system will allow the player to have up to 3 weapons sets available to them that can be switched to using the 'R' key. The system allows the player to specify a mainhand and an offhand weapon (so allows select dual wielding).
By default any weapon can be placed into the weapon system and any weapon without a special right click function can be dual wielded. The mod will also scan though items for weapons added by mods. For further mod support there is an API (check the github repository)
Items are placed in the weapon system in a new GUI accessible from the main inventory with the top left "BG" button
When dual wielding, the left mouse button will attack with the mainhand (right) weapon and the right mouse button will attack with the offhand weapon (left) or block with the shield
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a shielding mechanic different to the normal sword block. Blocking with a shield will reduce all blockable damage taken from the front 120 degree arc. However a player cannot block indefinably as there is a stamina bar that appears above the normal minecraft health/armour icons.
Shields are crafted as follows
When struck by an arrow, the arrow will appear in the shield. Arrows can be retrieved by placing the shield by itself in the crafting matrix (the arrows will be added to your inventory when you retrieve the shield)
A shield bash can be preformed by pressing the 'Z' key. This will cause any mob in front of you to be knocked back. Using a shield bash will cause you to loose a third of your stamina bar and render you unable to attack for 1/2 a second.
Shields can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the shield. (This may be removed when heraldry is finished)
Weapons & Armour
Although the waraxe does less damage to unarmoured foes than the sword, it is more able to penatrate armoured foes.
The mace's blunt surface is perfect for dazing enemies
The spear is the weapon for those who would rather poke their enemy from a distance
The dagger is a quick weapon with lower damage than the sword
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 introduces a new way of obtaining chainmail armour. 3 chain links can be obtained by placing 2 iron ingots in a vertical arrangement in a crafting grid. Chain links can then be used to make chainmail armour
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 contains a sophisticated new mod update detector known as M.U.D. The mod will check to see if you are running the most current version (for the version of minecraft you are using) and notify you if you are using an old version.
typing the command '/mud' will take you to the download screen. This will allow you to view the changelog and download then newest version of the mod (a restart will be required)
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download the latest version of this mod from the files page
- The latest version is currently Mine & Blade: Warcry - 1.0.4
- Place the downloaded jar file into the mods directory
Bugs & Issues
- Offhand weapons may take up to
31 second to update on other players in SMP
- Creative "pick block" doesn't select the block if it is already in the inventory bar
- There are render issues with 3rd person an the Smart Moving mod.
- There are still many issues with mcpc+
The quiver is a small item that has the ability to stack more arrows than a common arrow stack. It can be crafted with leather and arrows. Once you have a charged quiver in your inventory, a bow will deplete this item rather than using free arrows. With a bow equipped, a custom bar will appear showing slots from the quiver. You'll be able to switch between slots (and thus, between arrows) with a custom key. The quiver will also appear in the player's back. There is an API that allows modders to make their own container for their own custom arrows, with hooks to customize enchantments, bow damage, etc.
Reintroduction of the Heraldry System
We are looking into a new way of implementing this.
Table of contents
- 1 News & Annoncements
- 2 Mod Mechanics
- 3 Installation Instructions
- 4 Bugs & Issues
- 5 Planned Features
- Date created
- Jun 21, 2013
- Last update
- Dec 03, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2
- Recent files
- R: Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Warcry (126.96.36.199) for 1.6.4 Dec 03, 2013
- R: Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Warcry (188.8.131.52) for 1.6.4 Nov 15, 2013
- R: Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Warcry (184.108.40.206) for 1.6.4 Nov 11, 2013
- R: Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Warcry (220.127.116.11) for 1.6.4 Nov 10, 2013
- R: Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Warcry (18.104.22.168) for 1.6.4 Nov 09, 2013