Envious of Curiosity? Well now you too can explore alien worlds within Minecraft. This 16x16 texture pack changes blocks, items, armor and animal skins to make the world look completely alien.
- Humorous and campy Sci-Fi space theme.
- Gray cratered surface in place of grass. Any dirt left exposed too long will soon be covered in small craters.
- Dust blanketed areas instead of snow.
- Plants encased in their own private bio-domes.
- Alien cows - These are the actual aliens responsible for all those bovine abductions, they find earth cows sexy.
- Electric S.H.E.E.P. (Semi-autonomous High Energy Elemental Processors)
- Space Chickens - Floating energy being that will drop small energy orbs used to power phaser shots
- Pigs In Space! - Who knew Notch was funding a Swedish space program with his new money? >_>
- The Oxybot - A helpful robot that is basically an oxygen tank with legs. These robots roam the landscape looking for people to assist. Upon spotting a person they run up and attempt to replenish the person's air supply. Unfortunately a small defect in their valve construction has led to a 100% rate of catastrophic failure in low pressure environments. This defect was not discovered until hundreds of the bots had been scattered about the lunar surface and it apparently made it into production due to improper testing as a result of budget cuts in the space program. If you see one, I suggest running.
- Spider Droids - These rogue military robots are equipped with the latest in cloaking technology. Their nano-weave skins allow them to be nearly invisible during the day. However at night a faint glow from the nano-weave makes them clearly visible. These robot's primary goal is to remain undetected so they refrain from attacking while they are fully cloaked. However when they are visible at night they become highly aggressive in an attempt to eliminate witnesses to their presence.
- Zombie Astronauts - So this is why it seems like you are the only one here, all the other lunar explorers are Zombies!
- Skelibots - Alien robots that float on a small pair of rockets and wield blasters. They have exceptionally efficient solar panels that are a little too efficient and cause them to overload when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Hydroponic strawberries for making dehydrated strawberries, every lunar astronaut's favorite snack.
- Freeze Dried ice cream, freeze dried strawberries, and of course freeze dried mushrooms. (Mmm mushrooms)
- Cheese - Don't ask me why there are cheeses floating around in the water on the lunar surface. It's one of life's great mysteries.
- Blasters - High energy weapons that shoot an experimental form of crystallized plasma. Unfortunately making the plasma solid has rendered them about as effective as a bow. Go figure.
- Meat In a Box (Rhymes with Ham)
- Hover-tracks - Hover platforms float suspended above magnetic locked tracks.
- Glow Stick Lights - Ultra long duration lighting guranteed to work in any atmosphere or even none at all.
- Crystallized plasma tools - They aren't light-tools because I don't want to pay Lucas money. >_>
- High tech space suits - Well, aside from the one that's just a fishbowl on your head.
Small note as to the progress of this pack and what isn't actually done at the moment:
- All of the animal and creature skins except for squid, and bats have been done.
- Almost all of the block textures have been changed with the exception of cauldrons, brewing stands, and hoppers.
- None of the paintings have been changed. ( I have plans for this, oh yes. )
- Mine carts have been changed but boats have not.
- A sizable portion of the items have been changed, since I have not altered the text descriptions for them it shouldn't be hard to figure out what is what.
Last but not least, a shot showing an overview of most of the blocks and a collection of the items.
These are now outdated with the changes in 1.5 but I'll leave them here as they still give you a good overall idea of the look of the pack
- 5 comments
- Date created
- Aug 07, 2012
- Last update
- Mar 10, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Mooncraft [16x]
- Recent files