I am experiencing an issue with my custom modpack forge server, where when I travel on some kind of mount (horses, Hippogryphs, boats, Chocobos, etc.) I will start violently rubber-banding back and forth while the server console spams "___ moved wrongly!". I have done alot of digging around and what I understand is this has to do with the server side checks that prevent players from moving too fast. However, none of the solutions online seem to work for me. I have made sure to allow flight to true, I have disabled the ElytraMovementCheck gamerule, and have tried both the MTQFix and Gotta Go Fast mods.
Something I have noticed is that I only have this problem when attempting to ride/fly on these mounts around other players on the server. If I am alone,or far away from other players I can do it no problem. So my guess is the problem lies around how the server handles movement speed around multiple players. I had found a reddit post a few days back that describes this issue of rubber banding around other players, but have since lost it. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening? I will post my modpack, general specs, and my server batch file text below:
No it absolutely has nothing to do with sleeping. The rubberbanding happens in the middle of a minecraft day when other player are just standing around or doing their business.
As for Bibliocraft, it's interesting, but I don't see how it would intersect at all. Plenty of people use Bibliocraft and I've never seen posts of people being unable to use boats and horses on a server with Bibliocraft.
But I guess the only way to know for sure is to make a test server without bibliocraft and try it out. I really doubt that that's it given how specific this bug is.
EDIT: Ok so tested with a new test server and generated a new world without FoamFix and bibliocraft. The same rubberbanding happens on a mount around another player. So the problem isn't with those mods.
Hi, i was having the same issue in a server with a friend of mine and i, as you, spent a ton of hours looking for a solution and found nothing; i was wondering if you did get to a solution or at least an improvement on it?
Unfortunately no. My plan is to at some point run the server vanilla, then add each mod in my modpack one by one until the issue happens again. However that is alot of work, so I'm putting it off until I'm motivated enough. However I have heard of this issue, even in vanilla servers, so who knows if its even mod related.
So, for those out there wanting an update, the problem seems to have vanished when I updated my modpack. I updated all the mods individually to their current versions, but what I think more likely fixed it was updating my forge version to 184.108.40.20654. That's the only reason I could think of, unless some individual mod really messed with rideable entities more than I thought. Anyway, anyone else experiencing this problem, feel free to test with my modpack. I'm curious to see if the problem was actually with the modpack/forge itself, or some configuration on my PC that changed.
Haha I was looking at this post yesterday and was just about to post that I had found the fix, it's a bug in Ice and Fire: https://github.com/Alex-the-666/Ice_and_Fire/issues/1913. Updating I&F to 1.8.4 solved the problem for me. Hope this helps anyone out there playing on older modpacks!
Ah wow, I guess it really was an individual mod that really messed with rideable entities. Strange though, as I had a few people message me saying it happens in vanilla servers as well. Anyway, I consider this case closed.