Hi there, first of all if this isn't the place for this thread, please tell me which one should I redirect. Second, I have some experience with mods, but since I still don't understand a thing, just assume I know nothing at all thanks :)
2. Downloaded the Twitch app, and it look like 1st pic, didn't find any ''Browse all modpack'', but I saw ''Mods'' so I naturally went there.
3. Went to Minecraft, then 2nd happens, so clicked ''Install'' and iirc a window popped-up saying ''One or more of the folders in the path contains a special, non-alphanumerical'' and I think it said to go change it in ''Advanced '', so I went there. 4. Then I try to change it to like my desktop for ease since I really dunno where I should put it then another window said ''Location change failed. There was an error changing the Minecraft Location. Check the error log for details.''
5. The default path was C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\Curse\Minecraft, so I noticed there wasn't even a Curse folder in my C:\Users\Cédric\Documents, so I created one and a Minecraft folder inside of it, but it didn't change a thing iirc
6. At this point, my friend pointed out that my name in the path contains an é, and this was probably the problem, so I tried to change its name which is in C:\Users, but it was hearing none of that.
7. Tried to replicate the path, so in C:\Users, I created a folder named New Folder, rinse and repeat for Documents, Curse and Minecraft, so the new selected path would be C:\Users\New Folder\Documents\Curse\Minecraft, then yet another windows said: ''Installation Error. Access violation when attempting to create Minecraft directories.''
8. Instead of renaming my folder in C:\Users\ to remove the é, we tried to change my PC's name, but didn't found a way anywhere. I got Win10 btw
So there you have it. I'm meeting a big wall in a unfamiliar environment, and asking for help if you don't mind, it would be hugely appreciated <3