its been a while since my son and I have played minecraft and a bit longer since I have created a server for us.
i have a spare pc that is more than adequate to act as a server, so I followed a YouTube video to refresh my memory.
1) downloaded and ran Forge-1.12.2-18.104.22.16836 (checked its correct version against twitch mod pack)
2)edited Eula file
4) copied across our world files (we’d been playing a lan game but his pc was struggling hosting and playing)
5) ran StartServer batch file
6) and waited , then waited a bit longer
7) eventually server became available to connect to
8)can’t connect to the server (/sigh) ...... finally allows me to login only to crash back to server select