It is a known bug as far I have got to know from the Discord sever and the only fix for now is to go to edit mode and remove those three items from the quest. And also a new version of the mod will be released very soon as stated by Pixel in the Discord sever. He is just waiting on for the AgriCraft mod to get updated, everything else is ready. And I am sure that will fix the issue. So now you have to option: Either use the Edit mode to remove those items or wait for the new update.
Since I started to create Immersive Engineering machines, the game started to lag. Every 30 second, it freezes completely, CPU fan at maximum speed, during 10-15 seconds. This makes it very hard to play, I have trouble getting around my map because it freezes all the times. Trying to relog fixed the issue for a couple of minutes, then it started again. Modded Minecraft is now super hard and frustrating not because of real challenges but because of this recurring lag. I had similar issues with Sky Factory 3, with no real solution, and now this starts again.
I cannot just skip Immersive Engineering, because I am in staged mode so I need to complete at least the required quests. Even basic machines like the coke and blast ovens, and the metal press, are causing this. I'm not into complex machines yet.
As soon as I started to play Immersive Engineering, the pack is eating 99% of the memory. I increased the RAM to 11Gb and that's still not enough. The game now chokes every 5-6 seconds, freezing for 2-3 seconds. This is very very frustrating, I'm angrier than ever before while playing this game. I have 16Gb of RAM on this machine, and it will take me a week to get other DDR3 modules to bump it up to 32Gb. I don't want to wait, I'm tired of waiting. I waited more than 4 months to progress in this pack, and still cannot get AE2, no automation, almost no RF, I'm just fed up and very very annoyed. Staged progression is really insane, and I don't want to start from scratch to get into kithensick. Even if I increase memory to 32Gb, I suspect this is a memory leak. It is not normal that a game requires so much memory. It worked correctly until I started playing Immersive Engineering. I cannot verify that the problem is specific to that mod or if it will just grow with the expansion of my base.
Another one again! My questbook is completely gone, no more quests, completely empty. I tried to find a command that could help me, tried bqm_admin default load, and that restored the quests. But ALL my progression is lost, ALL the quests are reset. I just cannot spend hours and hours reviewing all the quests and manually completely the ones I "think" are completed. This is a real non-sense. I don't want to spend my time tweaking the pack, I want to be able to play. This is the first time I'm getting so many bugs with a modpack. After the severe lags caused by excessive memory usage, now the questbook is broken. All the progression is bound to the questbook so I cannot just ignore it and go on with whatever I want to try. Any better solution than restarting from scratch? If I really need to review all quests manually or start from scratch, I'll be better off picking a new pack. But I won't pick a pack with a progression, ever. This is insanely time consuming and making me really mad when I'm completely stuck with anything I try just failing consistently.
I'm now back to 8 earths, without any obvious reason. I don't have access to 50 kinds of foods. I tried and cannot get to 50. I need Pam's Harvestcraft, but it is locked away. I cannot progress if everything is blocked like this.
Another one. Now some of my Immersive Engineering cables are gone and if I try to replace them, it just does nothing. I cannot figure out why cables don't place, while sometimes they do. This Immersive Engineering mod is a real pain, almost to the point of forcing me to stop playing, because of the staged progression.
More specifically, when clicking on a connector, I'm getting "you cannot attach this wire here". Sometimes, it says it's linking to.. and the message disappears before I get time to read it all. I just cannot figure out why suddenly I cannot connect IE wires.
Looking at my recordings, seems I have only 8 hearts since the modpack upgrade that removed Endermen Evolution and added Thaumcraft. Seems I will be stuck with 8 hearth until I spend hours creating the AgriCraft seeds. It should definitely take less food types to go to 10 hearts. I can understand getting more than 10 could require 50, if not 100 food types per heart, of course.
Summary of all the issues I ran into since yesterday while working on the Immersive Engineering quests (Heavy Machinery). The chapter was unlocked prior to the pack update that broke Factory Tech quests)
Mod pack version: 18.104.22.168
1. Severe lag spikes making the game almost unplayable. Memory usage at 99%, 12Gb allocated to the JVM, cannot go higher unless I bujmp up my RAM from 16Gb to 32Gb. The issue starts as soon as I use the Projector from Immersive Petroleum. Nothing can then alleviate the problem until I relog. Even if the projector is not in my hotbar anymore, even if it's not in my inventory, the problem persists. Leaving the dimension to unload the chunk doesn't clear the problem. Only relogging does. If the problem is left unsolved, it results into a complete crash of the pack. I'm worried this issue is not caused just by the Projector. Other blocks or items from other mods may cause it, or the expansion of my base in the future may make memory usage higher, making the game prone to such GC hangs. I also saw Direwolf20 use the Projector successfully, so the high memory usage may be just one example of a greater problem, or the Projector is bugged in the new version of Immersive Petroleum included in the pack. Without the projector, making large structures such as the distillation tower will be very hard. I also got a lot of trouble making the crusher, which is a fairly easy machine to build
2. Projector bug: after I assembled the crusher and it formed, it was redered with lots of red lines, then after a couple of seconds, the game crashed. Restarting and relogging showed the same red lines, until the Projector wasn't in my hotbar anymore. This leads me to believe the Projector continues to render fake blocks even after the projected structured is completed and formed. I found no way to reset the projector, other than setting it to display a different machine.
3. Broken questbook. After a couple of crashes, quest database became corrupt and there were no more quests in the book. Only solution was to restore a backup from yesterday. BQM commands only recovered the questbook, all progression was lost. I had to restore a backup.
3. Some parts of the GUI became unusable: the upper right slot of my inventory and the + button in JEI. Clicking did nothing. Only workaround was to temporarily change GUI scale from auto to something else, but this was too small for me, so I came back to auto. The problem comes from time to time.
4. Number of hearts reset to 8. I thought it was because of the corruption, but the issue seems to have appeared after a modpack update, the one that introduced Thaumcraft. No commands allow to restore the number of hearts to 9 like I had before, and there is not enough food types at start to get to 9 hearts without going into Pam's and completing all the AgriCraft (Basic farming) chapter. My priority is to go as straight as possible to AE2 so I wasn't planning to work on basic farming for a while. I'm considering cheating a red heart from tinkers until I find a real solution, but I would like to avoid cheating as much as possible.
5. Immersive engineering cables gone and cannot be replaced. Partly caused by attempts to restore parts of my backup to correct the issue with number of hearts. The number of played days was also reset because of the corruptions. Restoring enough parts of my world to restore the counts caused the cables to vanish. I had to break and replace one of the connectors that wasn't accepting cables anymore.
Hope I'm not alone having these issues, and that some of my findings may help others.
You're probably on the start island. This is a bedrock island, it is normal. You need to press t and write the /island create command to get an island. You can specify the type of island you wand, e.g., sand, press tab after /island create to see the available types.
Still having severe lag issues. After a couple of minutes, the game just freezes for 5-10 seconds every 30 seconds or so, and CPU fan runs at high speed during the freezes. Seems the game now requires more than 12Gb of RAM, which I cannot provide because my machine only has 16Gb. I saw forum posts recommending 6Gb, I bumped it up to 8Gb, then to 12Gb, seems this is never enough. Besides of the lag, the game constantly crashes or hangs, requiring full restart. Modded Minecraft is now insanely frustrating, requiring regular full restart from scratch on different modpacks. I have major difficulties mining, it takes me hours and hours and hours to get a couple of pieces of iron, so I focused on skyblock packs, but now the current skyblock pack requires 32Gb of RAM, which is in my opinion a real non-sense. If packs are so unstable, I really need a way to transfer my world from one pack to another, but each time I searched for this, it was impossible. Of course, some parts of my world would be broken if they rely on mods absent from the new packs, but at least the collected resources and infrastructures based on mods present in the new pack would be preserved. I don't care anymore about packs with progression. I now know these are just non-sense, if the game is too unstable to run a lot of mods. This will just lead to dead ends requiring intense cheating and need to abort playback and start from scratch on another world, another pack.
Besides constant need to restart the pack, alt-tabbing out of Minecraft now takes several seconds, for no reason, and JEI causes some parts of the inventory GUI to be inaccessible in GUI scale auto (e.g., the + sign in the crafting recipe).
Is there any way to speed up loading of the pack? Again, seems I need to upgrade my PC with a RAID setup to have it load faster.
Yes, I can to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.3, because the issues started with the 3.4 version that added Thaumcraft, but I don't want to get Endermen Evolution back and I suspect downgrading will completely break the questbook.
I'm on the latest version 22.214.171.124 and i'm stuck because of the inability to make invar.. I've done every posible quest available, but because invar is locked, i have no way to progress.
Ive completed all up to - some true magic - but - A basic fatory - where i cant make the circuit scribe needed to go forward, because i have no invar and no way of making it. I have - The power of the starts open - but i can get nowhere in that because infernium is locked too.
Bug fix coming soon or soon or do i have to resort to cheats to get further?
Or if there's some way to make Invar that's hidden in JEI plz let me know.
so i don,t know is this bug or im stupid if you can fix it i will be very happy so in my ME System the crafting terminal when i try craft items they are placed in the right order and the final crafting item appears BUT when i try pick it I CAN,T these are some of the items(Hardened fluiduct,,,Diamond lattice,,,Connector,,,Basic capacitor,,, and alot more) so i have to craft the items in regular crafting table and this is so annoying if this is some type of feature pls remove it but before i diden,t have this problem i don,t know what is making this.If you can help i will be very happy
On another note... Am I the only one that gets to really hate Factory Tech.. I find it utterly useless, because of how fast it uses up the parts to run the machines. For example the fluid drill.. I tested it, and even before i got 1 bucket I had to make more parts.. That made me not want to have anything to do with the mod, but rush trough it and toss all of it into the void, which again makes me wonder, why put it in the pack if you're gonna make it useless anyways? (never played with it before, but i take it, that some config has been changed to make it just feel stupid. (feel bad for the dev. though as people may want to avoid factory Tech in the future based on their experience... I for sure, won't be searching for packs containing it))