In reply to VeckerGamer89:
List of potential fixes:
1. Install a Intel® Graphics Command Center, optimize the games in the center, you can optimize java and other programs similar.
2. Install the latest(public) java development kit and use that instead of bundled java versions.
3. Check background applications.
4. open command prompt check if your processor speed is low (if so without editing bios it is hard to fix)
5. optimize system folders and subfolders(should notice 5 minutes lag for PC, causing the PC to working better in most applications)
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE WORK THESE ARE THE BEST HELP PLACES
you can run minecraft on windows XP not saying I would do it, but you can.
I can get my sucky computer to outperform new computers when playing minecraft. If you have to much lagg its because you are running on your cpu.
Using old JDK probably is the issue.