Yes. UHC means, among other things, no natural regeneration at all. Combined with a shrinking overworld (Usually using world borders in 1.8, but here with a disintegrating world), etc., this is intended to make a "Last man/team standing" final battle.
People have been wanting to make a good, balanced, modded PvP environment for a while.
JadedCat got it done.
What's nice is that with "mobs dropping hearts to heal you", you could actually just eliminate the overworld decay mod, and play this as a very hard but real world.
- Killing mobs heals you
- Mobs get harder as time goes by
- The world gets smaller as time goes by
... killing mobs for health, that's a big change for UHC. ... So an early mob farm build? ... world gets smaller ... geez ... <br />
No villages??? Infernal mobs? Seige mode?
* Sleeping causes difficulty to jump twice as far as staying up through the night <br />
* Rain hurts you (craft a bucket into a helmet or get aqua affinity for immunity, and any helmet is better than none)
Is it safe to assume that no one will be able to afford that void TNT, or did you make it affordable? (Hmm, they've build a defensive structure at 0,0 to prevent anyone from reaching them, and will rely on outlasting you into the void? Lets destroy their building then)
– Creepers can breach through walls – Blazes spawn in overworld – Ghasts spawn in overworld – Wither Skeletons spawn in overworld
So, you've succeeded in making the nether safer than the overworld? Good. Do you have that decaying to nothing as well? :-)
– End is a frozen asteroid field with Dragon Forts! – Nether is a hellish version of the overworld
So ... nether is worse than the overworld. <br />
Even the end isn't kind anymore. <br />
No place to hide, no place to run, everything wants to kill you, and your goal is to find other players without dying first?
(how do you force a linebreak on this forum!?)