As soon as I heard about the Lucky Block Mod, I knew I had to try it. And wow, was I in for a treat! This one block can spawn animals, monsters, other entities and even structures. From giants to fireworks, sticks to diamonds, the Lucky Block will give you an exciting experience every time you mine it.
I started by mining some blocks and then quickly placing them in a random pattern. I crossed my fingers and hit go… nothing happened. Darn it. Maybe this mod wasn't as exciting as I thought. But just as I was about to give up, a lucky block spawned right next to me! As soon as I opened it up, a giant zombie appeared right in front of me.
You had always heard about the Lucky Block, but never really believed in it. That was until you found one. Just sitting there in the middle of the forest, like it was waiting for you. You mine it and out pops a diamond sword. You can’t believe your luck.
You start to mine more blocks, hoping to find more treasures. But as soon as you find another block, a skeleton spawns right behind you. You barely have time to react before it sinks its bow into your skull.
- Lucky blocks can get different ‘luck levels’ if you put them in a crafting table with certain items.
- The ‘Luck’ of a lucky block is diplayed as a bar from 0 to 100.
- The higher the luck level, the more likely it is the lucky block will give you something good.
- Luck levels can also be negative, 0 to -100. Negative luck levels make lucky blocks unlucky.
- There are 3 Lucky Blocks in the creative inventory. One is normal, one has a luck level of 80 and one -80.
- Only Lucky Blocks with a luck level of 0 can be stacked.
- List of items that affect the luck level is under ‘Crafting’.
- Lucky blocks can now also generate inside of custom structues.
- The current structures are a quartz ‘greek temple’ structure and a wreckage of stome bricks and netherrack.
- Lucky blocks in the temple will have a luck level between 50 and 100, but in the wreckage it’s -50 to -100.
- By default, there is a 50/50 chance a lucky block will spawn on its own or in a structure.
- Lucky Blocks on their own have a luck level of -20 to 20.
- Spawnrate back to 1 in 200 per chunk.
- Added 100 new drops.
- A temple with 8 Luckly Blocks (rare).
- 2 Lucky Blocks. One lucky. One not. Choose wisely.
- A bunch of different types of fish, with a fishing rod.
- A villager riding on top of a stack of pigs.
- A pointless silly message about grave danger and mushrooms.
- 3 different wishing well structures. Throw in a coin, and see which with you get.
- 3 trading villagers. They will offer you all the lucky tools/armour/weapons at a reasonable price.
- Giant slime! Taller than the trees! Sometimes even a Magma Cube.
- Lucky potion with random positive effects.
- Unlucky splash potion with random negative effects.
- Tamed wolves with different colour collars.
- Tamed cats, with different colour skin.
- Aghast! It’s a Ghast.
- A witch amongst a cloud of bats.
- Lovely bouquet of flowers.
- A bunch of enchantment books.
- Some useless, random and hopefully humorous jokes.