Huge Update released! Check out Curseforge page for more info on the pack and download links!
- Registered User
Member for 13 years
Last active Fri, Nov, 11 2022 22:41:05
- 0 Followers
- 2 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 30, 2022syndicate_25 posted a message on Progressive Survival Modpack - A NEW, challenging pack for Minecraft 1.7.10! Recommended for experienced players!Posted in: General Discussion
Aug 26, 2022syndicate_25 posted a message on Progressive Survival Modpack - A NEW, challenging pack for Minecraft 1.7.10! Recommended for experienced players!Posted in: General Discussion
Personally, I was tired of being able to mine to diamonds on Day 1, and defeat the Ender Dragon all within a matter of a few Minecraft days. I also wasn't a fan of "hard progression" packs that forced you into a certain direction, before you could do something else.
I wanted a challenge, while still playing a game that felt like Minecraft, but evolved.
So I created this pack, Progressive Survival, for anyone looking for a challenge in "reaching the end of the game." It removes the simplicity of Minecraft, and turns it into more of an RPG/MMO/True survival style experience, while allowing (almost) complete freedom in how you progress.
Careful thought has been given when it comes to placement of EVERYTHING in this pack - Structures, monsters, animals, etc. While there are essentially "zones" where you can find specific monsters, the difficulty increases as you dig, rather than as you travel (at least in the Overworld) - The farther you dig, the more dangerous the foes become.
This is not Minecraft as you know it. Survival will be difficult, especially without shelter. Zombie hordes spawn on the first night, and show no mercy.
There are plenty of structures to explore that could contain valuable loot, but also would be a suitable home in your journey!
It's not just about making things more difficult, though. This pack is about enriching your Minecraft experience, by allowing you to progress at your own pace, using your own style, while creating a real journey from start to finish.
In Progressive Survival, you can play as:
- The Builder - There's plenty of mining to be had, and tons of different blocks to use for your creative side!
- The Explorer - A plethora of landmarks/structures await you in your adventure! Travel by land, sea, or air to discover the world!
- The Looter - Sneak through carefully crafted structures, and fill your bags with valuables! Scrap unwanted loot for more resources!
- The Fighter - Intense combat awaits - Zombie hordes come each night - Boss fights - Dangerous enemies lurk deep underground!
- The Achievement Hoarder - Check your way through the custom achievement book created specifically for this pack! Over 20 pages!
These are only a few examples. How you play/what you play as, is truly up to you.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.