270+ Mods 800+ Quests. Long Play. Magic & Tech. Semi-Hardcore. Truly 100% Unique! - With custom world gen, ores and mobs. Tons of mod integration/recipes.
Please use the issues page (HERE) to report any problems not the comments section or PM. Thanks.
"Of the packs that I'm currently playing, this is my favorite one to play" - Kmartinator, Twitch.
"One of the best packs I have ever played" - Treqor, Twitch.
Awakening modpack aims to be a pack unlike any other. It is designed to be a long term use pack e.g. for a long Minecraft let’s play series or just an everyday pack to keep you playing for a long time, with over 270 mods and well over 800 quests (and growing). Say no to defaults! Nearly every mod and config in this pack has been edited or modified to make them work better together. The ultimate idea of the pack is to integrate mods together so well that you wouldn’t know they were ever meant to be separate. Is this the most highly customized and ambitious modpack ever made? Probably. Try it and see for yourself.
Note: This is a pretty heavy pack. You will need a fairly decent computer to run it. I would recommended setting your RAM to 4-6GB (but no more) in the Curse/Twitch launcher settings. Servers should have a minimum of 2GB of RAM, but ideally 4GB or more for the best experience. Pack also requires Java 8 (do not use an older or newer version).
A 'lite' version of the pack can be found (HERE). This pack is functionally the same in terms of progression, quests, etc. simply with some client-side removals for smoother performance.
Follow @theshadowake on Twitter for the latest Awakening news!
Support Awakening and become a Patreon! Or join shadowake's Discord.
Q. What state is the pack currently in?
A. The pack is now in release after over a year in beta; it should be very stable, although initial world load can be slow if you don't use Optifine simply because of the complex world gen and huge number of mods. FPS will stabilize after a few minutes and should run well on mid to high end computers.
Q. Can I use this modpack to record a YouTube/Twitch etc. series?
A. If you use this modpack for a let’s play, please let me know. I would love to link to it in this thread. Other than that go for it!
Q. The pack keeps failing to download/update or times out?
A. This is an error with the Twitch launcher and, unfortunately, beyond my control. It seems to happen mostly on poor or low speed internet connections. Please try downloading the pack at another time. Or alternatively try the 'lite' version of the pack, which is functionally the same minus a few aesthetic client-only features. It can be found (HERE).
Q. Can I setup a server to play with friends?
A. Sure! Dedicated server release is now available, just look under the 'Additional Files' section after choosing the version you want to use (HERE).
Q. Can I redistribute or modify this pack?
A. You may NOT under ANY circumstance redistribute this pack or claim it as your own. Derivative works are also forbidden. You may ONLY modify the pack for PERSONAL use. For more information please read the full license (HERE).
Q. Could you please add [VeinMiner/Blood Magic/Mod XYZ]?
A. The mods chosen and used in this pack are carefully chosen and modified for balance. Some mods upset this balance, others cause conflicts with current mods. You are welcome to add mods yourself; however, you may ONLY modify the pack for PERSONAL use. For more information please read the license (HERE). Please note that I cannot provide support for a modified pack, do so at your own risk.
Q. I’ve found a bug, where should I report it?
A. Please post any bugs to the modpack’s Curse issues page (HERE).
Q. Are you going to update the pack from 1.7.10 to *.*.*?
A. Simply put no. In my opinion there is no benefit in updating. The newer versions of Minecraft have annoying features that I don't personally like or agree with (mainly the new hideous combat and dual handed features). Also 1.7.10 still has the most mods available and mods not available in newer versions; which are critical to the pack. As 1.7.10 is the version myself and my friends play, this is the only version of the pack I will be releasing/supporting.
Q. As 1.7.10 is out of date now is the pack no longer updated?
A. I plan to support this pack long into the future regardless of the current official Minecraft current release version.
Q. Why do I get really good loot from loot bags, I think it breaks progression?
A. Loot bags are purposefully designed to have a chance to get good items so people actually enjoy getting them. They are purposefully balanced to give good rewards without including items key for progression.
Q. Where is the lexica botania why is it disabled?
A. As the pack makes significant changes to recipes and other mechanics. The lexica botania was removed due to it showing 90% incorrect information. It was just causing confusion for players. All botania information is thoroughly detailed in the quest books magic sections.
Q. The sky flashes or displays strangely when I use shaders?
A. The botania garden of glass skybox is known to cause issue with some shaders. If you are having this issue, you can disable it by editing \config\Botania.cfg and changing the line B:fancySkybox.enable= from true to false.
L8Games - Minecraft:
Froggy and Phenix:
The Raven's Flight:
Tired of the same old world gen?
Biomes are varied but not overly hard to find. Awakening modpack uses a set of biomes from Vanilla, Biomes O Plenty, Thaumcraft and the Highlands mod. These have however been edited using Climate Control. Biome sizes have been reduced giving more variation over a smaller area. Certain biomes have been removed and custom tree spawning has been setup so you shouldn’t have multiple variants of the same trees/woods. Rivers have been widened to allow for more bridge building as well as having flowing streams both above and below ground using the Streams mod. Underground variation is catered for by Underground Biomes Constructs and WTF Cave Biomes not to mention a completely overhauled ore generation and mob depth system (more on this later). Want to build your home on a flying mountain? No problem!
Key mods used here:
Biomes O Plenty
My World Gen
Underground Biomes Constructs
WTF Cave Biomes
Tired of the same old mobs?
Awakening modpack was designed to be a challenge but not too hardcore. We wanted a variety of mobs but not an abundance of OP mobs. We wanted the player to be scared like that first night the first time you played Minecraft, but not constantly terrified for their life. Mobs spawn more frequently but are more dangerous at depth. Mobs also have custom drops using the Mob Properties mod. Plus, there are a few hidden mini bosses that you will have to try and find…
Key mods used here:
Just Another Spawner
Nightmare Creatures II
Tired of the same old ores?
Minecraft is a game about crafting and mining right? Well let’s be honest the mining part can get boring especially if there are only a few different ores to find. Luckily Awakening completely overhauls the mining experience with more ores, gems and other goodies than you can shake a stick at! 65 overworld mineables, 27 nether mineables and 4 end mineables (at last count) will keep you digging them holes for weeks, and that’s not even counting all the different stone, sand, dirt, grass and gravel types to dig up. Harder ores are setup to be rarer so you will have to search for them but not too hard (remember ore is plentiful down deep where the stronger monsters lurk). Uni Dict helps make sure you only get one type of each material, no more three different kinds of copper after you run it through your machines.
Key mods used here:
UBC Ore Registrar
Custom dungeons with custom mobs hidden throughout the overworld and the nether with give adventurers plenty to do. Custom chest loot and mob drops also mean chests aren’t just filled with useless crap, and are actually exciting to find.
Key mods used here:
Custom Chest Loot
Budding builders will have a raft of materials at their disposal. With many varying stone and wood types throughout the world, not to mention Chisel, Wallpaper Craft and Ztones, you will have no trouble building whatever you can imagine. Don’t forget to decorate with Decocraft, interiors can look as good as exteriors. And with Architecture Craft and Carpenters Blocks to play with you don’t just have to use boring blocks anymore!
Key mods used here:
Ever find yourself just running around with a stack of bread in your inventory for food? Well no more. Awakening opts for a slightly harder food system, but not one that is annoying or massively hardcore or time consuming. The idea is that you will want to craft different foods rather than being forced to. Food variation comes from Pam’s Harvestcraft, with food settings being setup by Apple Core and The Spice of Life. For the rancher, animals will eat food left on the ground. Many animals start off wild and must be bred to improve their level of domestication and drops.
Key mods used here:
The Spice of Life
Tech and magic go hand in hand in this pack. You will need to follow both paths to build many things in the pack.
Key mods used here:
Applied Energistics 2
+ many more!
Custom crafting is designed to merge mods together, requiring items from a mixture of mods. This is designed to get people to try mods they may not have used before but not to be overly difficult. Remember to use NEI as many recipes may be changed (WIP).
Key mods used here:
Not Enough Items
- Chisel (by tterrag1098)
- Iguanas Tinker Tweaks (by bonusboni)
- MalisisCore (by Ordinastie)
- Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning (by BlayTheNinth)
- MPUtils (by GenDeathrow)
- Botania (by Vazkii)
- Advanced Generators (by bdew)
- ExtraCells2 (by Destroyer7128)
- Inventory Tweaks (by Kobata)
- UniDict (by WanionCane)
- WTF's TextureGeneratorLib (by WhiskytangoFox)
- Extra Utilities (by RWTema)
- AOBD singularities (by RCXcrafter)
- ModTweaker (by jaredlll08)
- Immersive Engineering (by BluSunrize)
- Climate Control/Geographicraft (by Zeno410)
- Thaumcraft Node Tracker (by Dyonovan)
- Project Red - Lighting (by Mr_TJP)
- Ancient Trees (by scottkillen)
- CustomThings (by tterrag1098)
- Mantle (by mDiyo)
- Thermal Foundation (by TeamCoFH)
- Thermal Expansion (by TeamCoFH)
- Storage Drawers (by jaquadro)
- Better Sprinting (by chylex)
- Iron Chests (by progwml6)
- p455w0rd's Library (by TheRealp455w0rd)
- Lava Monsters (by docrobb)
- OpenBlocks (by OpenMods)
- Practicalities (by jotato)
- WAILA-features (by Way2muchnoise)
- RFTools (by McJty)
- ExtraTiC (by JeanGlassmaker)
- Ender IO Addons (by Henry_Loenwind)
- WAILA Plugins (by tterrag1098)
- Metallurgy (by JeanGlassmaker)
- Magical Crops: Armoury (by Mark719)
- WallpaperCraft (by Echo__x)
- Custom Chest Loot (by docrobb)
- View EMC (by Silly511)
- NetherPortalFix (by BlayTheNinth)
- AI Improvements (by darkguardsman)
- Forbidden Magic (by Assassinfox)
- CoFH Lib (by TeamCoFH)
- Waila (by ProfMobius)
- Simply Jetpacks (by tonius111)
- Morpheus (by Quetzi)
- MyWorldGen (by impiaaa)
- No More Achievements (by GenDeathrow)
- CodeChickenCore (by chicken_bones)
- Mob Properties (by docrobb)
- Resource Loader (by lumien231)
- Project Red - Base (by Mr_TJP)
- OpenModularTurrets (by Poenjabiesous)
- OpenModsLib (by OpenMods)
- Garden Stuff (by jaquadro)
- MiscTweaks_ (by CoolSquid)
- Sonar Core (by Ollie_Lansdell)
- Thaumcraft (by azanor)
- Project Red - Compat (by Mr_TJP)
- JAPTA (by VpzomTrrfrt)
- Big Doors (by jaquadro)
- Nightmare Creatures II (Unofficial Multiplayer Patch) (by TechDweebGaming)
- Hardcore Questing Mode (by lorddusk)
- BigTrees (by thevidaj)
- Another One Bites the Dust (by ganymedes01)
- Thaumic Energistics (by Nividica)
- Gems+ (by Boilingfort)
- Waila Harvestability (by squeek502)
- Magical Crops: Decorative (by Mark719)
- UBC Ore Registrar (by marwat208)
- Traveller's Gear (by BluSunrize)
- McJtyLib (by McJty)
- TiConAutoToolStation (by Blubberbub)
- Crafting Tweaks (by BlayTheNinth)
- MPUtils Basic Tools (by GenDeathrow)
- BdLib (by bdew)
- NotEnoughItems (by chicken_bones)
- WanionLib (by WanionCane)
- ArmorStatusHUD (by bspkrs)
- CraftTweaker (by jaredlll08)
- Dungeon Mobs (by GnomeWorks)
- Custom Main Menu (by lumien231)
- Magmaox Mod (by witherlord00)
- Practical Logistics (by Ollie_Lansdell)
- Minefactory Reloaded (by skyboy026)
- CreeperCollateral (by INpureProjects)
- Thermal Singularities (by WanionCane)
- AgriCraft (by InfinityRaider)
- Mystical Mobs (by mangoose3039)
- Random Things (by lumien231)
- Project Red - Integration (by Mr_TJP)
- JourneyMap (by techbrew)
- sprinkles_for_vanilla (by VikeStep)
- Block Properties (by docrobb)
- TiC Tooltips (by squeek502)
- Highlands (by fabricator77)
- NEI Addons (by bdew)
- InfiniBows (Infinity Bow Fix) (by Myrathi)
- Just Another Spawner (by Crudedragos)
- Kore Sample (by scottkillen)
- ProjectE (by sinkillerj)
- Carpenter's Blocks (by Syntaxial)
- EnderCore (by tterrag1098)
- AE2 Stuff (by bdew)
- MalisisDoors (by Ordinastie)
- Pam's HarvestCraft (by MatrexsVigil)
- ArchitectureCraft (by gcewing)
- Waterhook (by Henry_Loenwind)
- Avaritiaddons (by WanionCane)
- WebShooter (by josephcsible)
- Thaumcraft NEI Plugin (by DjGiannuzz)
- Wawla - What Are We Looking At (by darkh4x)
- UndergroundBiomesConstructs (by Zeno410)
- Ender IO (by CrazyPants_MC)
- NEI Integration (by tonius111)
- StatusEffectHUD (by bspkrs)
- INpureCore (by INpureProjects)
- Magical Crops: Core (by Mark719)
- It's the little things (by zlepper)
- Metallurgy Core (by JeanGlassmaker)
- CoFH Core (by TeamCoFH)
- LootBags (by Malorolam)
- Tainted Magic (by yorkeMC)
- Clock HUD (by QKninja)
- Applied Energistics 2 (by AlgorithmX2)
- Tinkers Construct (by mDiyo)
- LegibleNei (by Davenro)
- Better Loading Screen (by AlexIIL)
- FloatingRuins (by bspkrs)
- MattDahEpic Core (MDECore) (by MattDahEpic)
- Auto Ore Dictionary Converter (by MattDahEpic)
- Universal Singularities (by KingWealthyturtle)
- Eternal Singularity (by KingWealthyturtle)
- NuclearCraft (by TLJGames)
- Compact Machines (by Davenonymous)
- Mouse Tweaks (by YaLTeR97)
- NotEnoughIDs (by fewizz)
- WTF's Expedition: CaveBiomes, Ores, Trees, and Tweaks (by WhiskytangoFox)
- Whisky Tango Fox's Ores (by WhiskytangoFox)
- WTFCore (by WhiskytangoFox)
- DecoCraft2 (by RazzleberryFox)
- Cooking for Blockheads (by BlayTheNinth)
- Improving Minecraft (by pifou92000)
- Ztones (by riciJak)
- MetallurgyChisel (by JeanGlassmaker)
- Draconic Evolution (by brandon3055)
- qCraft (by Kulttuuri)
- Barkifier (by Tschipp)
- AppleCore (by squeek502)
- Immersive Integration (by UnwrittenFun)
- Portal Gun (by iChun)
- The Spice of Life (by squeek502)
- Thaumaturgical Knowledge (by Doctor_Benway)
- Nodal Mechanics (by Shukaro)
- iChunUtil (by iChun)
- Light Level Overlay Reloaded (by oldjunyi)
- NotEnoughThaumcraftTabs (by fewizz)
- Revamp (by rivvest)
- Streams (by delvr)
- Witching Gadgets (by BluSunrize)
- Farseek (by delvr)
- OMLib (by Keridos)
- Underp Hangables (by masa_)
- ChatFlow (by Vazkii)
- Wireless Crafting Terminal (by TheRealp455w0rd)
- Extra Fixes (by hilburn)
- Slug's Magic Resistance Mod! (by _Slug)
- Pick Block Plus (by ChaosTheDude)
- HDTEXT (by Alvtron)
- CreativeCore (by CreativeMD)
- LittleTiles (by CreativeMD)
- Mutant Creatures Mod (by thehippomaster21)
- AnimationAPI (by thehippomaster21)
- ReAuth (by TechnicianLP)
- Gadomancy (by makeoo)
- Biomes O' Plenty (by Glitchfiend)
- Translocators (by chicken_bones)
- Doomlike Dungeons (by BlackJar72)
- Gear Swapper (by McJty)
- Lightwave's Tweaks (by Lightwave8)
- Better Builder's Wands (by Portablejim)
- Avaritia (by Assassinfox)
- Actually Additions (by Ellpeck)
- Decorative Styles (by mariot789)
- Bookshelf (by darkh4x)
- Hunger Overhaul (by progwml6)
- Food Details (by Lothrazar)
- DeathQuotes / Death Quotes (by andrenoel1)
- Omni Ocular (by exzhawk)
- DirectionHUD (by bspkrs)
- True Invisibility (by knight_demon)
- Waila Events (by darkh4x)
- WAILA Blacklist (by SanityCh3ck)
- Ender Storage (by chicken_bones)
- WR-CBE-Universal (by chicken_bones)
- Smart Render (by Divisor82)
- Player API (by Divisor82)
- NEIlootbags (by Gigabit1011)
- Additional Compression (by KingWealthyturtle)
- FTB Tweaks (by FTB)
- FTBLib (by FTB)
- FTB Utilities (by FTB)
- Chance Cubes (by turkey2349)
- Infini-TiC (by LakMoore)
- Quadrum (by dmillerw)
- NotEnoughKeys (by dmodoomsirius)
- Born in a Barn (by Speiger)
- Backpacks! (by Brad16840)
- Default World Generator (by fireball1725)
- ChunkPurge (by AcEAndroid)
- BetterFps (by Guichaguri)
- ChickenChunks (by chicken_bones)
- FPS Reducer (by bre2el)
- FastCraft (by Player)
- Accidentally Circumstantial Events(ACE) (by zavvias)
- Thaumic Exploration (by nekosune)
- Schematica (by Lunatrius)
- LunatriusCore (by Lunatrius)
- Item Blacklist (by DoubleDoorDevelopment)
- Brandon's Core (by brandon3055)
- Thaumic Equivalence (by Lilylicious)
- Insider Trading (by DoubleDoorDevelopment)
- AromaBackup (by Aroma1997)
- Aroma1997Core (by Aroma1997)
- VillagerMetaFix (by malte0811)
- D3Core (by DoubleDoorDevelopment)
- Sampler (by Player)
- Lingering Loot (by capitalthree)
- Sound Filters (by Tmtravlr)
- Can I Join Now? (by CallMeFoxie)
- Custom Crosshair Mod (by Sparkless101)
- Music Choices (by Tmtravlr)
- Cursor Mod (by ATE47)
- Better Foliage (by octarine_noise)
- Realistic Pain (by pauljoda)
- Smooth Font (by bre2el)
- Dynamic Surroundings (by OreCruncher)
- Project Zulu
- Damage Indicators
*All screenshots were taken during BETA development and may vary from newer releases.
Note: This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.