If you are currently downloading this mod from a site other than minecraft.curseforge.com, mods.curse.com, or minecraftforum.net, then stop this instant and go download the mod from the proper site!
Backups is the ultimate backup mod. It will automatically backup your entire world every 15 minutes (configurable) and stores your backups in a format that takes up very little disk space. You can easily restore a world from ingame with the backups GUI and restore parts of your world with the /restore command (requires cheats).
Please report any bugs you find on the bug tracker.
- Automatic Backups - Your world is automatically backed up every 15 minutes. You can also start a backup yourself with the /backup command. The automatic backup intreval can be changed in the config file.
- Backups GUI - Clicking on the backups button (which replaces the re-create button, if you hold Alt/Option then the backups button will turn back into the re-create button) when you have a world selected will display the backups GUI, which has a list of all backups for that world. The storage size and reason the backup was created are displayed below each backup, and the total storage size is displayed in the top-right.
- Restore - Creates a backup of the world and then restores the world from the selected backup.
- Enter Backup - Loads the selected backup as if it was a world. Anything you do while inside the backup isn't saved.
- Set Label - Allows you to set a label for the selected backup. Labeled backups won't be trimmed.
- Clear Label - Clears the label from the selected backup.
- Delete - Deletes the selected backups.
- Backup Trimming - Old backups are automatically deleted based on the following rules:
- If a backup is older than a hour, only one backup per hour is kept.
- If a backup is older than three days, only one backup per day is kept.
- If a backup is older than a month, only one backup per week is kept.
- Backup Format - Backups are incremental, which means each backup only contains the data that has changed since the last backup. This greatly decreases the amount of disk space backups take up. Backups are also compressed, which decreases disk size even futher.
For Server Owners: Although this mod was originally meant to be a singleplayer backup mod, it works perfectly fine on servers. To restore a backup, you need to use the command line restore option, since there isn't a backups gui. To use command line restore just run the following command:
java -jar <path to the mod file> <path to backup dir> <path to world dir>
That will restore the contents of backup dir to world dir.
- You can not redistribute or rehost this mod, unless you are rehosting this mod as part of a modpack.
- You can not repost this mod, unless you give credit to me and provide a link to the CurseForge page. You may not provide your own download link.
- You can not claim you made this mod.
- You can not use this mod in a way that violates Mojang's EULA which can be found at https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula.
- You can include this mod in modpacks as long as you give credit to me(Silly511) and provide a link back to this page.
Violators of these terms will be executed.