Better Sprinting is a client mod that gives you more control over sprinting, sneaking, and flying.
List of Features
- Sprint Hold key with an obvious function
- Sprint Toggle key which toggles between sprinting and walking
- Sneak Toggle key which toggles sneaking (opening GUIs makes you stand up until you close it)
- Option to turn on/off double tapping W
- Flying speed boost when holding sprint key in creative mode
- Option for sprinting in all directions in singleplayer
- Ability to easily disable all features of the mod if it's banned on a server
- Quickly access Better Sprinting settings in-game using O key
- Slowly access Better Sprinting settings from the Controls menu
- Optional update notifications (checked once a day)
- The mod can also be installed on a server, and the /bettersprinting admin command lets you enable special features or automatically disable the mod on client side when people join
- If you don't have a Forge server, you can read all about implementing your own mod/plugin to benefit from the features
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir
4. Create a new folder called mods in the opened folder
5. Download Better Sprinting and place the file into the mods folder
Better Sprinting requires Java 8 or newer. The mod has no additional dependencies, however if you experience any mod conflicts, try installing PlayerAPI Core.
Notice about 1.7.10
Due to limitations in 1.7.10 version of Forge, vanilla clients cannot join Forge servers. If you decide to install the mod on your 1.7.10 server, your users will need to install Forge.
View License and Modpack Guidelines (the license of Better Sprinting is the same as the one for Hardcore Ender Expansion)