Better Sprinting is a client mod that gives you more control over sprinting, sneaking, and flying.
List of Features
- Sprint Hold key with an obvious function
- Sprint Toggle key which toggles between sprinting and walking
- Sneak Toggle key which toggles sneaking (opening GUIs makes you stand up until you close it)
- Option to turn on/off double tapping W
- Flying speed boost in creative mode (hold the sprint key)
- Option for sprinting in all directions (SP ONLY)
- Option to disable the mod without having to uninstall it
- Quickly access Better Sprinting settings in-game using O (can be configured)
- Slowly access Better Sprinting settings from the Controls menu
- Optional update notifications (checked once a day)
- The mod can also be installed on a server, and the /bettersprinting admin command lets you enable special features or automatically disable the mod on client side when people join
- If you don't have a Forge server, you can read all about implementing your own mod/plugin to benefit from the features
This mod requires Java 8 or newer. Java Version Checker is included in the mod and will warn you if your Java installation is outdated.
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
4. Create a new folder called mods
5. Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Better Sprinting can work on its own, however if you experience any mod conflicts, try installing PlayerAPI Core.
Notice about 1.7.10
Due to limitations in 1.7.10 version of Forge, vanilla clients cannot join Forge servers. If you decide to install the mod on your 1.7.10 server, your users will need to install Forge.
View License and Modpack Guidelines (the license of Better Sprinting is the same as the one for Hardcore Ender Expansion)