Better With Mods
WHAT IS BETTER WITH MODS?
To put it simply, Better With Mods is a personal passion project.
The more direct answer is that it is a reimagining of the FlowerChild's Better Than Wolves mod, utilizing the standards set by the Beta 1.7.3 version, adapting and adding content based on updates made by Mojang. (Note: Better Than Wolves is still in development, this is just an attempt to expand on the basic ideas the mod presents.)
WHAT'S IN IT?
Currently, this main idea of this mod is to be a cohesive port of the major features in the original mod, while keeping the concepts up to date with the latest changes to minecraft, as well as keeping other mods in mind to have the best experience with both worlds.
Better with Mods is separated into two sections, the Core Content and the Feature System.
This section of the mod includes all the blocks and items require to play pre-hardcore era Better Than Wolves.
Documentation of most core content will be in the Book of Single, a manual created using RTFM.
- Hemp farming
- Mechanical Power
- Aesthetic Blocks
- Redstone Devices
- And more
This content is always available in the mod and cannot be disabled
The Feature System
The other section of this mod is the Feature System, which follows the same model as the mod Quark,
having dynamic and highly configurable Features that are mostly independent of each other.
This Feature System currently has two Modules:
- The Hardcore Module - This module adds all the game changing features from the original mod that make Minecraft more challenging and to some more rewarding. Some of the Features in this module include:
- Hardcore Beds
- Hardcore Armor
- Hardcore Buckets
- Hardcore Buoy
- Hardcore Gloom
- Hardcore Endermen
- Hardcore Hunger
- Hardcore Spawn
- Hardcore Lumber
- And many more
Descriptions of all of these can be found on the Wiki.
(Note: A large amount of new content is only in 1.11.2, 1.10.2 is bug fixes only)
- The Tweak Module - This adds small changes to the game that make it more convenient or useful. Features in include:
- Axes break leaves
- Creeper Shearing
- Easy Breeding
- Eggs drop Food
- All Mob Equipment drops
- Head drops
- Improved Animal Flee
- Limited Nether and Slime Spawning
- Monster Spawners generate Moss
- Renewable Endstone through Endermen farming
- And More
This mod is also putting an emphasis on compatibility with other mods.
- Native JEI support
- 1.12 and above CraftTweaker support in ModTweaker, earlier is native.
- Integrating Biomes O Plenty blocks into features such as HCPiles.
- Allowing Mechanical Generators to make RF through Immersive Engineering
- Soulforged Steel and Concentrated Hellfire are registered Tinkers Construct materials.
Twitter (more a promotion channel, usually for screenshots)