Blockbuster is a Minecraft mod which lets you create Minecraft machinimas in singleplayer using NPC body actors. This mod works with Forge for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12.
Recording is based and rewritten from scratch on recording code from Mocap mod by EchebKeso.
Blockbuster mod provides you with lots of features to make cool machinimas:
- Actors and player recording – the most important feature, as you won't be able to create a machinimas without it. With Blockbuster mod you can record yourself doing things and then playback it using an actor. Recording code has some limitations on which actions it can record. See Blockbuster Wiki for more information about limitations.
- Director blocks – one actor is good, a crowd of them is even better. Blockbuster mod provides you with a mechanism called director block which manages playback of registered actors. It allows you to record actors. It has also outlets for redstone contraptions, making it easy attaching some custom commands or redstone logic on start or the end of the scene playback.
- Aperture support – camera is how you present your machinima. Blockbuster mod has built-in Aperture integration. When Aperture is loaded, Blockbuster mod provides you with some features such as: ability to attach camera profiles to playback button, and previewing director block playback while editing cameras in the camera editor.
- Custom models – recording only player-like entities limits the originality of your machinimas. Blockbuster mod let's you create custom models using McME model editor or in-game integrated model editor. Unleash your creativity with custom models!
- Mobs support – thanks to Metamorph's public API, Blockbuster is capable of using any morphs which Metamorph provides to be used by Blockbuster actors.
- Minema compatability – thanks to frame-based player recording and cameras, you can convert your in-game machinimas to videos with a press of a button.
Install Minecraft Forge, download the latest stable version of jar file for available minecraft version. Also install following mods: Metamorph. Put it in minecraft's
mods folder, and launch the game.
After that, Blockbuster mod should be installed and will appear in Minecraft's mods menu. If Blockbuster didn't appear in the mods menu, then something went wrong.
Feature videos for 1.4. This playlist shows how to use the mod features. Almost every update comes with a change log video which show out new features.
There's also a video that shows how to create a simple machinima using Blockbuster mod. This video shows basics of director block, how to attach actors to director block, and how to setup cameras:
This playlist consists out of videos that I've created a bunch of machinimas during Blockbuster mod testings and just when I felt like. Earlier of those videos are my lab experiments.
For mod reviewers and reposters
When reposting my mod on your own website or reviewing it, please consider following (if you want to support me and my mod):
- Don't distort the mod name. It's the Blockbuster mod.
- Make sure that information and description of my mod is legit. Misleading information, like Minecraft version support or non-existent features, is your responsibility.
- By uploading a custom build of this mod, the build becomes your responsibility.
- Provide the source link, please. CurseForge page is preferable.
- Provide a link to my YouTube channel, please. This will be really appreciated!
- You can use Blockbuster banner or cover for your repost page. Don't apply the watermark, though, that's just rude.
If you're interested in this project, you might as well follow me on any of social media accounts listed below:
If you found a bug, or this mod crashed your game. I'll appreciate if you could report a bug or a crash to me either on issue tracker, on PM or on Twitter. Please, make sure to attach a crash log (pastebin please) and description of a bug or crash and the way to reproduce it. Thanks!