Ever wonder why you can carry a stack of 64 empty chests in your pocket, but you can’t move a filled one with your bare hands? Well, wonder no more!
Carry On is a simple mod that improves game interaction by allowing players to pick up, carry, and place single block Tile Entities (such as Chests, Furnaces, Droppers, Spawners, and your favorite machines from other Tech Mods) using only their empty hands. No items (or pickaxes) required. States, meta data, inventory and NBT data are retained. It also allows you to carry around smaller mobs!
How it Works:
- Shift (can be rebound) + Right-Click (with Empty Hands) on any Tile Entity or mob to lift and carry
- Right-Click to place
Join us on Discord!
- Works with single block Tile Entities from any mod (yes, tech mods too)
- Works with all entities (no hostile mobs in survival mode, configurable)
- Respects the ‘lock’ functionality so Tile Entities cannot be stolen
- Powerful config allows you to blacklist entire mods or specific blocks, and additional customization
- Players can only carry one Tile Entity or Mob at a time, and are prevented from other actions when carrying
- Carrying a Tile Entity or Mob slows the player. Items with fuller inventories and larger mobs will cause additional slowness
- Advanced scripting for modpack creators. Wiki here.
- Carry On provides a powerful config file, wiki here
- The config can be accessed through an easy to use Config GUI from the Main Menu, and changes are recorded real-time
- Specific blocks or entire mods can be blacklisted
- An option to carry standard blocks (e.g., Dirt) can be enabled (Default = Off)
- Will you backport this to 1.7.10? Most likely not.
- Armor still animates when carrying a Tile Entity
- Screen darkens more than it should when carrying Mobs at night
- Arrows shot into player aren't rendered on player when carrying
Please feel free to use this mod in any modpack, public or private. There is no need to notify or ask us, please just mention Tschipp and Purplicious_Cow in the pack if you do make it public, and link back to this forum post.
Lead Dev: Tschipp
Render and Creative Direction: Purplicious_Cow
Original Concept: cy4n (aka A_villager)
Find us on Reddit:
Tschipp is u/Tschipp
Purplicious_Cow is u/purplicious_cow