Progress updates for the 1.10.2 version (3d models!) will be posted here whenever I remember to.
This mod adds Catwalks, Caged Ladders, Scaffolding, and Support Columns, each of which has both practical and aesthetic uses. Except for the Support Columns, they just look cool.
- Catwalks make you walk faster and can quickly be extended horizontally.
- Caged Ladders can't be fallen out of and can be climbed at almost 2x the speed of normal ladders.
- Scaffolding can be climbed like a ladder. They can quickly be placed, destroyed, extended, and retracted. When you use the builder's variety they act like tall grass, where right-clicking them with a block will replace them.
- Support Columns mostly look cool. They technically are ladders but are so slow they're pretty much useless as ladders.
- Sturdy Rails are self-supporting versions of normal rails that don't need a redstone signal to be active.
See the post on Minecraft Forums for more detailed descriptions.