Ceramics is a mod designed to increase options early game using clay. Inspired by the clay bucket from Iguana Tinker Tweaks, this mod currently adds a few features to the game:
- Clay buckets can be used as an early game bucket, transporting cold liquids with ease, but breaking after use with hot liquids. Unlike some other clay bucket mods, these are fully dynamic and will automatically add variants for any mods that use the Forge universal bucket (for example, Tinker Construct).
- Clay armor, designed as an early game armor. Reason being I tend to entirely skip leather armor early game since by the time you have enough for armor you already have iron.
- Clay plates, used in the creation of clay armor. Outside of armor they can be useful for other mods to add alternative recipes.
- Clay shears are faster, sharper shears that have less durability.
- Clay barrels are an extendable liquid storage block. Each barrel holds 4 buckets, and its capacity will be increased by 4 per extension added on top. It comes in regular clay, all 16 stained colors, and in all 16 porcelain colors which have a larger capacity of 6 buckets per barrel or extension. The level can be checked by right clicking the barrel or using a comparator on the bottom block of the barrel.
- Porcelain faucets allow simply fluid transport from the side or bottom of a block into one below the faucet. They function simply by right clicking and will slowly pour until the tank below is full or it runs out of fuel.
- Porcelain is a new decorative block that is similar to stained clay, but the colors are more true without the orange tint. It also comes in a brick variant, which has slabs, stairs, and walls.
- Additional decorative bricks with a slightly more random style. Included is dark, factory-like bricks, golden bricks, end themed bricks, ocean themed bricks, and nether themed bricks with lava mortar. Each type comes with slab, stair, and wall variants.
- Rainbow bricks and clay feature a colorful rainbow animation. It comes in 8 clay variants based on where the animation starts, and the bricks can be made into stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Brick walls for vanilla bricks, for consistency with the brick types added by this mod. Can be disabled in the config in case another mod also adds this feature.
For more information, check out the images tab or read about Ceramics on the official Feed the Beast Wiki. There are more features in the works for later, but for now feel free to use it as a small feature mod.
Feel free to use this mod in a mod pack, provided you give a link back to this page