- Built using Forge version(s): 1.12.2: 126.96.36.19968
- Intended for use on Client and Server (!Untested on Server!)
- Adds 2 new enchantments, Faint Soul and Soul.
- TL;DR: Adds souls to Players, Animals, and Mobs. Items can have souls, through an enchantment or by being a Soul Vessel. Souls grow stronger over time and/or through use. Similar to Tinker's Tool Leveling, but larger in scope. ABSOLUTELY TONS of CONFIG options. Go crazy! (Not too crazy! It'd be very easy to make yourself way too busted)
Following in the tradition of Living Enchantment, SoulCraft's origin, this mod adds living weapons, tools, and armor through the use of Souls! Souls let your equipment grow stronger over time, and even have their own personalities! This mod is HIGHLY configurable, with many config options to choose from (although I've designed the defaults to be as balanced for vanilla gameplay as I can). There are plans to extend the Soul behaviour to Mobs and maybe even blocks.
Each enchanted item gains experience through use. There are 3 different types of ways for items to gain XP in this mod for you to chose from.
- Mending-Style: Enchanted items will consume some of your XP to level up, similar to how mending works.
- Original: Enchanted items gain XP instantly when killing a Mob or breaking a block (tools only)
- Original with XP orbs: Similar to original, except instead of instantly adding XP, it spawns an XP orb (orb only works with Souls, it is not a normal XP orb)
Each level increases the damage and effectiveness of the weapon by a set amount, about 3% by default. For armor, the level of all pieces worn is added up, then the damage is divided by 1 + (0.032 * combined level). You can change a lot about the leveling process and other rates in mod config, which you can find in the mod settings or you can edit the config file in the config folder inside %appdata%/.minecraft.
So how do you obtain the enchantments in survival? Faint souls can be obtained through enchanting. You can also get these and normal Souls enchantment books or a unique enchanted item from fishing (1 in 1000 default) or from any spawned chest (1 in 9 default). Villagers should also be able to sell them. Of course, if you're in creative you can just find the book in the Tools tab.
Because this enchantment is so strong (depending on how much you use the item), it is incompatible with all other damage or efficiency enchantments by default. Which is fine, you'll be able to outperform them if you put the time in. You can also enable other damage enchantments if you want, you cheeky dog. Protection is disabled by default for living armor too.
Souls also come with a personality. Each enchanted item will respond to certain events in a way you might expect a person with that personality to respond! You can also create your own personalities or edit existing ones in the %appdata%/.minecraft/config/personalities folder.
As far as compatibility with items other mods, this enchantment should work with any item from any mod, as long as the item returns a proper tool class Set (which most will). There is also an Enchanter recipe for this enchantment for the EnderIO mod.
This mod also contains a few commands, if you need/want to use them. All these commands require you to hold an item enchanted with Soul in your mainhand, and will affect that item.
- additemxp <xp> - Adds xp to the item held in your main hand.
- setitemxp <xp> - Sets the xp of the item held in your main hand.
- setitemlevel <level> - Sets the level of the item held in your main hand.
- setpersonality [personality] - Sets the personality of the item held in your main hand. If you opt to leave personality blank (no arguments), then the command will list all available personalities instead.
- resetitem - Resets EVERYTHING for the item (level, xp, personality, all the counts)
- putitemtosleep - Puts held item to sleep (will act as though level 0, wont talk, and won't gain XP.
- quietitem - Quiets held item (It wont talk).
- wakeupitem - Wake item from sleeping.
- unquietitem - Unquiets held item.
- Download the latest the Forge installer for the Minecraft version you want from http://files.minecraftforge.net/
If possible, I'd recommend selecting "Recommended Build" if available, as It's likely more stable than the "Latest Build".
- Run the installer. "The installer will attempt to install forge into your vanilla launcher environment, where you can then create a new profile using that version and play the game!"
- Download the latest version of the mod you want.
- Place the mod in the "mods" folder of your Minecraft installation ("%appdata%/.minecraft" by default)
- That's it! The mod should now successfully be installed!
You are free to include any of my mods in any mod pack. I would like for you to link to the CurseForge project page somewhere, but this is not a requirement.
I do not give consent for anyone to reupload the mod files of this, or any of my other mods, except as part of a collection/mod pack. You may, however, "reupload" the mod on any other site, as long as the main download link is to CurseForge.
If you are concerned about not having support for your language, feel free to create a translated .lang (or .json as of 1.13.2), and I'd be more than happy to add it to an official release.
If you would like a translation for your language to be included in the official release, just send me a translated lang file, and I'll be more than happy to add it. You will recieve your username in the credits for your contribution.
Currently there is only English_US
Support The Author
I love making Minecraft mods! I hope you enjoy them, too! I strive to produce the highest quality mods, with the fastest patches. However, this takes a decent amount of time and effort to achieve. I'd be really grateful if some of you could help give back to me for the time I've given to make excellent content for you! Even just a single dollar means the absolute world to me, and shows me that the work I'm doing is appreciated. Every patron gets their name/alias in the credits on all my mods!
You can view the changelog for a release on it's file info page here.