Colytra is a mod that adds the ability to attach an elytra to any chestplate you want, allowing you to reap the benefits of having an elytra without sacrificing the ability to wear your cool-looking armor. This mod also includes a bauble version of the regular elytra, allowing you to use it as a body bauble when you have Baubles installed alongside it. Also wondering about Quark's dyable elytras? No worries, they're completely compatible!
Attaching Elytra to Chestplate
To attach an elytra to a chestplate, you'll need an anvil. Simply place the chestplate you want to install it on in the left slot and the elytra you want to install in the right slot, and, at the flat fee of 30 levels, bingo! You've got a chestplate with the power of an elytra! A colytra, if you will! Stupid name? Probably!
Some notes about the colytra:
- This fusion is permanent; there is no way to separate them once the process is completed.
- Prior work penalties for both the elytra and the chestplate will be combined into the new colytra, so be wary of using components that have been worked on multiple times already.
- The elytra and chestplate components function as two separate items in terms of durability and repair. Their durabilities are separate and you can repair each component separately using their respective repair methods. Do note, however, that them being on the same item means that work penalties will apply to either of them cumulatively.
- Enchantments from either component will be combined into the new colytra. Unbreaking and Mending work as usual for both the chestplate and elytra components.
- There is a keybinding to toggle the elytra component on/off for the colytra. This will disable all elytra features and basically act just like the regular chestplate.
- The elytra component will, as usual, be disabled when durability drops to 1. It will never destroy itself. However, the chestplate is under no such restriction. If the chestplate gets destroyed, the elytra component will be destroyed as well.
Permission Mode - Set how to manage which chestplates can be attached with an elytra ("Blacklist" or "Whitelist")
Whitelist - A list of items that can be attached with an elytra when "Whitelist" is enabled
Blacklist - A list of items that cannot be attached with an elytra when "Blacklist" is enabled
Colytra Durability Mode - How to handle durability of elytras on chestplates
- Normal - Elytras on chestplates will have a separate durability
- Infinite - Elytras on chestplates will not use any durability
- Chestplate - Elytras on chestplates will use the chestplate's durability or energy, whichever is applicable. It will not have its own separate durability.
Disable Bauble - When Baubles is installed, set to false to disable the elytra bauble
If you have Baubles installed, there will be a new elytra body bauble for you to use. The recipe is simply a regular elytra! You can craft them both back and forth at no cost.
- All suggestions are welcome, there are no planned additional features at the moment
Anyone is free to include this mod in their modpacks without notice or permission. If it's a public modpack, notice would be appreciated but not required as I'd be interested in checking it out.