Add 2 kinds of rounded pillar shaped and extensible blocks that perfectly fit to vanilla textures (or your texture pack) using mainly rock and wood blocks (and some fancy in bonus).
This mod is light weight, doesn't use TileEntity and contains 55 kind of Pillar : stone, granite, diorite, andesite, cobblestone, sandstone, brick, stonebrick, purpur, iron, gold, bone,... (including their variants) and support Chisel Mod (in release 3.0.0+ & MC1.10+).
Feel free to contact me to correct any problems or for ideas or mod compatibility. The mod requires forge.
There're extensions for this mod to handle blocks of others mods, and just use what you really need :
QUARK & BOTANIA : https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/corail-pillar-extension-quark
Release 4.1.0 is out for 1.10.2 to 1.12.2
NB : this release will only works with extensions version 4+ (and they're yet published for 1.10.2/1.11.2)
For now, i only finished biomesoplenty (in dev) & i'll take the time to do the others extensions for 1.10.2/1.11.2 (so use v3 if you can't wait without extensions)
Currently added changes :
- make the thin pillar as rounded as the normal & adapt the pillar bases (uv, less steps)
- add more vanilla pillars : snow, ice, bedrock, chorus_flower, magma, concrete, glowstone, stained_glass, stained_hardened_clay/terracotta & dark marble(from tombstone) total : 126 pillars (17 ids)
- log number of id used on startup
- 1.10.2-1.11.2 will use 8 times less id (as the current v.4 for 1.12.2)
The thin pillar recipe is a vertical line of 3 blocks, in the middle of the crafting box.
The middle ingredient is a clay ball (it's a shaped recipe !)
NB : before 3.2.0, the recipe was 3 similar blocks, in the middle of the crafting box
The full pillar recipe is a shapeless recipe of 2 thin pillars (and is reversible)
Corail Pillar Spotlight (by Guartinajo)
Screenshot with texture pack Glimmar's Steampunk
Torch/ladder on side (version 1.1.0+)
Possible ideas of update :
- add a new model with a second layer to add new pillar kind
- add a 3X3 pillar (8 pillars/blockId)
- add a pillar(unique id) that get his texture from the block below the pillar's base.
@Mr_crayfish : the model has been partially done with MrCrayfish's Model Creator