"This mod add a scanner able to find any kind of blocks, with a playfulness to find them."
The mod has translations for english and french, works on dedicated server and supports minecraft version 1.10.2 to 1.12+
The scan is done in a conic shape (config max : 50 squares range).
You can customize the scanner with server config options and a blacklist file(in the config folder) & some client options in game.
For details, you can look at how to start. Feel free to contact me to correct any problems.
Hint : highlighted blocks required to be enabled in your config in-game. (this option could be server side in the future but not for now ;) )
It's possible in the future that i'll introduce a second way to scan with wide ranges (requiring a casting time to be able to test the blocks during this time ;) )
The first release is out, and bring lots of improvements :
- about the scanner :
- no more damaged, it's replaced with an energy value (corresponding to the max duration of use) & doesn't loose energy in creative
- only scan while holding right click
- select a block for scan is done while sneaking
- scan is done with oredictionary (target similar "modded" blocks)
- improve the scanned area based on the player looking direction, conic shape (Robijn Vogel)
- improve performance for scan
- about config :
- remove options about tick/damage, and radius of scan
- option for max energy of battery
- client option to highlight founded blocks (disabled by default)
- client option to disable the sound of scanner
- sync config (server -> client)
- about sound :
- the config in-game lets you choose between some vanilla sounds (instrumental)
- the pitch of the chosen sound varies, depending on the number of blocks found
Some funny screens while making the release(to have a visual of the scanned area and search results)
How to start
with the crafting table : (you can use similar ingredients from others mods for the recipes)
- craft a battery : - craft a scanner :
- the scanner only work in right hand
- you can change the target to search, by right-clicking a block while "sneaking"
- you need to hold right-click to scan the area in front of you (the angle of scan is 40 degrees)
- slowly the scanner is discharged but can recharge it with a battery in the crafting table :
@ruminecraft : the animated gif picture how the mod works