" Tombstone is a grave's mod with lots of features on death and teleportation, in a medieval fantasy atmosphere related to the grave's souls. "
When you die, all your lost items are kept in a tombstone and you receive a Grave's Key allowing you to know the path to your grave (this key can be upgraded to be able to directly teleport to your grave and disappears automatically if the grave doesn't exist anymore).
You just need to click the grave, to automatically equip your armor and recover your lost items.
NB : to have a tombstone, you must be in survival mode, with rule keepInventory set to false, and at least one item lost .
The second part of the mod focus on some magic items requiring Grave's Soul (look at Decorative Graves or directly the spotlight Video below), and allowing some features related to death and teleportation (also dimensional). This allows to customize the mod with in-game content instead of config options. (example : cancel the xp loss can be done in the config, but it's better to set it with a loss like 25-50% and use the magical scrolls to preserve it)
The mod work fine on server, supports minecraft version 1.8.9 to 1.12 and has translations for english, french, dutch and german.
Changes for 2.0.0 : released as beta (read the log for changes), no issue report for now
I'm waiting for mc 1.13 before introducing others changes.
I'm going to update this page with the new recipes & changes. (JEI can help for now)
Achievements for 1.10.2/1.11.2 (with loot_table reward & 3 types of objective like 1.12.2)
I need your help to make the mod as stable as possible and compatible, so if you find bugs, please report them on the issues link :)
The decorative graves
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night.
They can be harvested with a shovel and can be engraved with the anvil (and a stick in the second slot).
Depending for now on thunders, the decorative graves can be haunted by a soul.
The soul stays until used and allows some enchants like activate/bind a scroll of recall, upgrade the grave's key.
Hint : one of the advancement/achievement rewards you of a random decorative grave.
These recipes use stone and any skull/head
NB : you can upgrade the grave key on a grave soul too.
The Scroll of Recall allows you to directly teleport to a decorative grave (you need first to bind the scroll to a grave with a soul over it, then if you use again the scroll, you will be teleport to the grave)
Corail Tombstone 1.4.1 (by Mr. MigeX)
Corail Tombstone 1.3.2 (by Leonardo YT)
Corail Tombstone 1.2.10 (by Guartinajo)
- enchant soulbound (tested with 'EnderIO' & 'Arts Magica 2')
- 'Baubles' inventory & auto-equip
- claimed blocks (tested with 'FTB Utilities' & should work with 'GriefPrevention')
- NighKosh's GraveStone (+EuhDawson's GraveStone in 1.3.9+)
- vanilla spawn protection (allow to click the player's grave in the spawn area on dedicated server)
- 'Wearable Backpacks'
What does the config allow
Some of these features can only be changed by editing the config file, others are accessible directly in game.
- set the xp lost
- enable/disable the player death handler
- choose your grave model
- set the text colors on graves
- set the chance of getting a soul on a grave
- configure an access to the grave based on a grave's key (the key disappears when grave doesn't exist anymore)
- set a decay time in minutes, allowing to access the grave without key (for anyone)
- disable the fog effect and the highlight when holding the key
- enable/disable teleport to others dimensions and upgrade of the key
- activate PVP Mode (no need access to tombstone after death when killed by player)
- define the number of uses of Scroll of Recall
- define the horizontal range where a player's grave can spawn (default is 2)
- there's an editable json whitelist of blocks (in config folder) that can be replaced by the tombstone (example : grass)
Extension "Dark Rituals"
This extension is on development, but it consists of several scattered codes in different minecraft versions, and the content removed from Tombstone.
So, i'll probably release a very small version to enhance Tombstone with contents that exceeds the "grave mod" context, and add the whole content over time.
The whole content will makes you a soul collector, and will include a series of quests to find how to collect souls, special encounters related to graves and an altar to use some dark magic.
Others changes to come :
- replace the vertex to see the grave at distance, with new shape
- include events (christmas and so on)
- some rare grave's souls (for some uncommon recipes) based on moon phase & date
- receptacle to collect souls (and move them)
- custom crafting scroll system (with gui)
- config option to show date in minecraft time (starting at year 1)
- add a command to teleport to the last known grave of a specific player
- make the textures in 16 pixel max (& provide the current ones in a texture pack)
How can you help for translations ?
@brandon3055 : teleport code from his library
@Guartinajo & Leonardo YT : their videos to show how the mod works
InsomniaKitten : ideas about the grave models
Ewy : about spinning animation
Robijn Vogel : always the good advice ;)
Cofh Team : the grave's dust texture