This mod allows to keep the lost items in a tombstone when you die. When clicking the grave, it automatically equips your armor and returns back your lost items.
When you died, you'll receive a grave's key allowing you to know the path to your grave.
This key can be upgraded to be able to directly teleport to your grave and disappears automatically if the grave doesn't exist anymore.
You can also craft some scrolls that need to be activated with a grave soul (look at Decorative Graves or directly the spotlight Video below)
The mod is server friendly, and should work with all dimensions, it has translations for english, french, german and chinese. The mod supports minecraft version 1.8.9 to 1.12
You must be in survival mode, with rule keepInventory set to false, and at least one item lost, to have a tombstone. The mod requires Forge, feel free to contact me for any problem.
Release 1.3 is out, feedbacks don't report any bug.
I'm on an update on Corail Pillar for now.
I need your help to make the mod as stable as possible and compatible, so if you find bugs, please report them on the issues link :)
The decorative graves
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night.
They can be harvested with a shovel and can be engraved with the anvil (and a stick in the second slot).
Depending for now on thunders, the decorative graves can be haunted by a soul.
The soul stays until used and allows some enchants like activate/bind a scroll of recall, upgrade the grave's key.
Hint : one of the advancement/achievement rewards you of a random decorative grave.
These recipes use stone and any skull/head
NB : you can upgrade the grave key on a grave soul too.
The Scroll of Recall allows you to directly teleport to a decorative grave (you need first to bind the scroll to a grave with a soul over it, then if you use again the scroll, you will be teleport to the grave)
Tombstone 1.2.10 Spotlight (by Guartinajo)
Tombstone 1.3.2 Spotlight (by Leonardo YT)
- enchant soulbound (tested with 'EnderIO' & 'Arts Magica 2')
- 'Baubles' inventory & auto-equip
- claimed blocks (tested with 'FTB Utilities' & should work with 'GriefPrevention')
- NighKosh Grave mod (don't use EuhDawson grave mod that have the same mod_id)
- vanilla spawn protection (allow to click the player's grave in the spawn area on dedicated server)
- 'Wearable Backpacks'
What does the config allow
Some of these features can only be changed by editing the config file, others are accessible directly in game.
- set the xp lost
- enable/disable the player death handler
- choose your grave model
- set the text colors on graves
- set the chance of getting a soul on a grave
- configure an access to the grave based on a grave's key (the key disappears when grave doesn't exist anymore)
- set a decay time in minutes, allowing to access the grave without key (for anyone)
- disable the fog effect and the highlight when holding the key
- set the ingredient to upgrade the grave's key
- enable/disable teleport to others dimensions and upgrade of the key
- activate PVP Mode (no need access to tombstone after death when killed by player)
- define the number of uses of Scroll of Recall
- define the horizontal range where a player's grave can spawn (default is 2)
- there's an editable json whitelist of blocks (in config folder) that can be replaced by the tombstone (example : grass)
Extension "Dark Rituals"
This extension will make you a soul collector, allowing access to a dark magic of the dead.
It includes a series of quests to find how to collect souls, special encounters related to graves, an altar to use the magic learned. This content is on development.
Others changes to come :
- ghost shape : provide a "ghost" effect after the death of a player (no damage + monsters don't see/attack you) until the player make some kinds of actions (or the end of the effect)
Config options to disabled it, and to set the duration of the effect.
- replace the vertex to see the grave at distance, with new shape
- change the range to interract with grave (for skyblock), perhaps included to the ghost shape effect
- restore the items in the exact position in the inventory if you have the grave's key (so it isn't done if you open the grave of someone else)
How can you help for translations ?
@brandon3055 : teleport code from his library
@Guartinajo & Leonardo YT : their videos to show how the mod works
InsomniaKitten : ideas about the grave models
Textures in Tombstone 1.2.6