" Corail Tombstone keeps you from losing your belongings by dying, with many features of survivability and dimensional teleportation, in a medieval fantasy atmosphere related to the grave's souls. "
When you die, all your lost items are kept in a tombstone and you receive a Grave's Key allowing you to know the path to your grave (this key can be enchanted to be able to directly teleport to your grave and disappears automatically if the grave doesn't exist anymore).
You just need to click the grave, to automatically equip your armor and recover your lost items.
Hint : to have a tombstone, the rule keepInventory needs to be set to false, and you need at least one item on you (or a drop nearby)
The second part of the mod focus on some magic items requiring Grave's Soul (look at Decorative Graves), and allowing some features related to death and dimensional teleportation (also in commands). This allows to customize the mod with in-game content instead of config options. (example : cancel the xp loss can be done in the config, but it's better to set it with a loss like 25-50% and use the magical scrolls to preserve it)
The mod work fine on server, supports minecraft version 1.8.9 to 1.12.2 and has translations for english & french. (my main language is french)
Check the config file to see all the custom features, Java 8 is required - VanillaFix is an optional dependency
The license of this mod is all Rights Reserved
You can use it for your personal/server use, or for modpack
but this doesn't allow you to share the files
If you want to thanks me for my continuous updates, you can use the donation link or by contributing to my patreon
Coming changes : in ~ 2 days (beta)
- config option to set the required time for a soul check
- new config category for all contents related to "loots"
- client config option to display only the minecraft days since the death
- new item "Ankh of Pray" allowing to pray on a grave (this is a way to earn knowledge with a cooldown of 6 hours in-game)
- informs the player when earning knowledge & also a clickable chat message that open the gui when he earns a new perk point
- the casting animation when using magic items is slightly changed
- refactor about time
Beta 3 changes :
This beta is to test the stability of the code, and also to allow players to propose me ideas about the new system, and for balancing adjustments.
- a new gui allowing you to access a tree of perks (the keybind in "misc" is not defined by default)
perks are small bonus to unlock related to all the features of tombstone, instead of providing them by default (some of them will be displayed based on what is allowed in the config)
NB : as it's a beta, you can decrease your perks with right click to get the points back
- player earns knowledge each time they use a grave's soul, or free a soul from a receptacle (and the number of perk points to spend is based on this knowledge)
- new command /tbknowledge allowing to change the knowledge of a player
- voodoo poppet protections can't be added without the adequate perk
- ghostly shape is nerfed as you now need to unlock some of the features
The decorative graves
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night.
They can be harvested with shovel/pickaxe and can be engraved with the anvil (and an iron lingot in the second slot).
The decorative graves can be haunted by a soul, depending on your chance (thundering was required in old versions)
The soul stays until used and allows some enchants like magic scroll/tablet, or upgrade the grave's key.
Hint : The advancement/achievement gives you rewards, nearly enough to build a decorative grave.
Grave Marble Simple Grave Normal Grave
Cross Grave Tombstone Upgrade Grave's Key
Strange Scroll Strange Tablet Scroll of Knowledge
Scroll of Preservation Tablet of Assistance Tablet of Recall
Hint : you can also upgrade the grave's key with a soul - undead can drop Grave's Dust (10%) & Skull (0.5%)
Scroll of Unstable Intangibleness : provides a potion effect making you invincible for one second every 5 seconds
Fishing Rod of Misadventure : new fishing rod (with more chance to have junk while fishing)
Lost Tablet : found while fishing in the junk loot table, and allowing to discover some structures and teleport to it
Dust of Vanishing : makes you vanish in a smoke column preventing monsters to target you for a short time, and teleport you on the same time to a safe backward location allowing an easy retreat
Soul receptacle : to set a soul on a grave for creative purpose and modpack reward, and prevent to die if the player has one on him (breaking the item)
Voodoo Poppets : prevents you to die from some specific damages
Book Of Disenchantment : strips the enchantments of an item
Scroll of Feather Fall : slowing any fall
Scroll of Purification : dispels your negative effects over time
Scroll of True Sight : allows to see clearly in water and by night
- TBTeleport : dimensional teleport to player or position
- TBTeleportDiscovery : teleport to an unexplored village (or a few others structures)
- TBTeleportToVillage : teleport to an explored village
- TBShowLastGrave : show last player's grave position
- TBTeleportToGrave : dimensional teleport to last known grave of a player
- TBRestoreInventory : return the grave inventory to its owner
- TBRecovery : manually backup all players (or one), or rollbacks a player from an old save
- Soulbound : keeps theses items on the player after death (includes an auto-equip on respawn)
- Shadow Step : reduces the distance that monsters detect you and slightly reduces falling damage (cumulates with sneaking, doesn't work while riding and can only be put on boots)
The Effects (command /effect)
- 'tombstone:ghostly_shape' : similar to the effect after your death preventing creatures to attack you, allowing to see clearly in water & by night and preventing most of damages
- 'tombstone:diversion' : an effect preventing creatures to attack you
- 'tombstone:preservation' : an effect keeping your active beneficial effects after your death
- 'tombstone:unstable_intangibleness' : an effect making you invulnerable one second every 5 seconds
- 'tombstone:feather_fall' : an effect slowing your fall and preventing any fall damage
- 'tombstone:purification' : an effect clearing any negative effects on you over time
- Inventory :
- Auto-equip : "Baubles", "GalactiCraft", "Techguns", "Aether Legacy", "RPG Inventory" & "The Betweenlands"
- any mod dropping a special inventory but no auto-equip
- 'Wearable Backpacks' (the bag is not stored in the grave, but there's a config option allowing to move the backpack near the grave - disabled by default)
- 'Ender IO', 'Openblocks', 'Cubic Chunks', 'Level Up', 'Cavern 2', 'Skillable' & 'Reskillable'
- 'Ice and Fire' (but for me, this mod is unsafe, and requires some tricks to make it compatible)
- 'NighKosh's GraveStone' (fully compatible)
- 'JourneyMap' (there're messages to allow you to set waypoints)
- 'Sync' (the grave's keys are correctly tranferred on death)
- Claimed Area ('FTB Utilities' & 'GriefPrevention plugin', 'Nation plugin')
-> tombstone can always place the grave, and for the interaction, you can sneak over the grave
- vanilla spawn protection (allow to click the player's grave in the spawn area on dedicated server)
@brandon3055 : the teleport code from his library (with permission)
@Robijn Vogel : always the good advice ;)
@Paul Fulham, @Tterrag, @Gegy & @Mezz : for all their precious advices
@Barteks2x : for advices on chunks
@Streamers : their videos to show how the mod works
@Cofh Team : texture for the grave's dust (with permission)
and many others... ^^