This mod allows to keep the lost items in a tombstone when you die. When clicking the grave, it automatically equips your armor and returns back your lost items.
When you died, and if the option "access needed" is on, you'll receive a grave's key allowing you to know the path to your grave.
This key can be upgraded to be able to directly teleport to your grave and disappears automatically if the grave doesn't exist anymore.
You can also craft some scrolls that need to be activated with a grave soul (look at "decorative graves" below)
The mod is server friendly, and should work with all dimensions, it has translations for english, french, german and chinese. The mod supports minecraft version 1.8.9 to 1.12
You must be in survival mode, with rule keepInventory set to false, and at least one item lost, to have a tombstone. The mod requires Forge, feel free to contact me for any problem.
I need your help to make the mod as stable as possible and compatible, so if you find bugs, please report them on the issues link :)
Release 1.3 is out and i'm waiting for feedbacks about it.
I'll take the time for the port to 1.8.9 => 1.10.2
The screens are nearly the models of 1.3.1, i'll update this page soon with the new content.
Tombstone Spotlight (by Guartinajo)
- enchant soulbound of EnderIO
- enchant soulbound of Arts Magica 2
- claimed blocks of FTB Utilities (in Tombstone 1.2.10+)
NB : GriefPrevention should work too but need confirmation
- common grave mods (in Tombstone 1.2.10+)
- vanilla spawn protection (in Tombstone 1.2.11+)
The decorative graves
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night. They can be engraved with the anvil.
Depending for now on thunders, the decorative graves can be haunted by a soul (can be used for some enchants). The soul stays until used. This allows to activate/bind a scroll of recall and can upgrade the grave key too.
Textures in Tombstone 1.2.6
Textures in Tombstone 1.2.5-
These recipes used stone and skeleton skull
The Simple Grave Recipe :
The Normal Grave Recipe :
The Cross Grave Recipe :
The Tombstone Recipe :
Upgrade Grave's Key Recipe :
NB : you can upgrade the grave key on a grave soul too.
Scroll of Recall Recipe :
The Scroll of Recall allows you to directly teleport to a decorative grave (you need first to bind the scroll to a grave with a soul over it, then if you use again the scroll, you will be teleport to the grave)
What does the config allows
- set the xp lost
- configure an access to the grave based on a grave's key (the key disappears when grave doesn't exist anymore)
- set a decay time, allowing to access the grave without key (for anyone)
- disable the fog effect and the highlight when holding the key
- set the ingredient to upgrade the grave's key
- enable/disable teleport to others dimensions and upgrade of the key
- activate PVP Mode (no need access to tombstone after death when killed by player)
- set the number of uses of Scroll of Recall
- there's an editable json whitelist of blocks (in config folder) that can be replaced by the tombstone (example : grass)
Extension "Dark Rituals"
This extension will make you a soul collector, allowing access to a dark magic of the dead.
It includes a series of quests to find how to collect souls, special encounters related to graves, an altar to use the magic learned. This content is on development.
Others changes to come :
- ghost shape : provide a "ghost" effect after the death of a player (no damage + monsters don't see/attack you) until the player make some kinds of actions (or the end of the effect)
Config options to disabled it, and to set the duration of the effect.
- replace the vertex to see the grave at distance, with new shape
- change the range to interract with grave (for skyblock), perhaps included to the ghost shape effect
- restore the items in the exact position in the inventory if you have the grave's key (so it isn't done if you open the grave of someone else)
Soul over Grave
What was the full version
The full version is for now outdated but its content was random spawn of grave events with skeleton knight encounter and new rewards like random banners and shields (with new pattern sometimes), new scrolls with magical use (example : transform an horse in an undead horse, teleport you to your spawn point).
How can you help for translations ?
@brandon3055 : teleport code from his library
@Guartinajo : the video to show how the mod works