Culinary Construct is a mod that lets you make custom sandwiches out of any food items you have lying around. That's right, any of them! The idea and features for this mod are based on this thread started by /u/UniqueUserTheSecond on r/feedthebeast. This mod adds one new block, called the Sandwich Station, that lets you craft your custom sandwiches, and one new item, the modular Sandwich!
The only thing you need to get started with sandwich crafting is the new block, the Sandwich Station. The recipe for this block is simply a wooden slab over a crafting table, like so:
Right-click this block and you'll be taken to the sandwich-making GUI:
Sandwich Station GUI
- Bread Slot: Insert any valid bread item here.
- Ingredient Slots 1-5: Insert any valid food item here. There are no other restrictions. You could even just put more bread here if that's what you really want. No nesting sandwiches in sandwiches though.
- Sandwich Name: Insert a custom name for your sandwich here. There's a maximum character limit of 35.
- Sandwich: Your crafted sandwich will appear here. The sandwich will always take only one item from each slot, but it can output multiple sandwiches at a time depending on its ingredients.
A crafted sandwich will gain the total combined food value of all of its ingredients. In addition, the saturation modifier will be the average of all of its ingredients' saturation modifiers, proportional to their contribution to the food value. Essentially, it's the same as eating all of the ingredients packed into one item.
It's not just about putting whatever ingredients you can find in your sandwich. Sure there's nothing stopping you from doing so, but for a truly tasty sandwich you're going to want a variety of ingredients. Each sandwich, when crafted, will have a quality grade from Very Bland to Very Tasty. Depending on the quality grade, your sandwich will gain either a bonus or a penalty to its saturation. This is also dependent on the size of sandwich. A sandwich with just one ingredient layer will always be Average. However, a sandwich with the maximum of five ingredient layers can range from Very Bland to Very Tasty depending on the variety of ingredients present.
You'll find that sometimes you can get more than just a single sandwich from a set of ingredients. This is, of course, because not all ingredients are made equal. Some of them will be more filling than others. However, your sandwich can only hold so much. If your ingredients would total more than 10 combined food value, you will split the ingredients among multiple sandwiches. How many sandwiches you get depends on how much food the combined ingredients would give you.
Supported Breads for Sandwich Bread Slot
- Pam's Harvestcraft by MatrexsVigil
- VanillaFoodPantry by The_Wabbit
- Actually Additions by Ellpeck
- akkamaddi's Ashenwheat by Sinhika
- Reliquary by P3pp3rF1y