Earthworks aims to add earthen and ancient and prehistoric inspired building materials to Minecraft.
Taking cues from the Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age, Earthworks adds some of the first materials mankind used to craft. Materials like wattle and daub, wicker, rammed earth, and adobe bricks. These are crude materials, fashioned out of what was at hand, and easily accessible, but prove to be as strong as stone when fashioned properly. Utilizing these in an early build will provide some excellent shelters.
Some materials you will have to work harder for, such as concrete, cinder blocks, or cordwood, but these materials will prove expansive, and help you to forge a great empire like our Roman ancestors. These materials will yield more when crafted, pushing your roads and aqueducts further and further.
"Earthworks is more of a naturalistic block mod. The textures are subtle and they all blend together very well. If you're looking to improve any medieval builds or add to a garden build, this mod is for you." - Wasthereonce
"This is really nice!" - Asie
"Holy.... As a creative builder I just gotta say this is amazing!" - notsoup210
"Many blocks are not gluten free. 2/10" - Loraanicus
"It adds blocks!" - Nezcal Spindrake
"I want to put Earthworks in my mod pack. I don't like teleporters so I really like Earthworks. :D" - Voila
"It's got balls." - Gryphon
"All the colours of the slate!" - KillaJoke
"Oh gosh, I don't know" - CarbonKey
- Cinder Blocks
- Dry Fitted Stone
- Gabions - Dirt, Sand, and Gravel filled
- Lath and Plaster
- Rammed Earth
- Slate - Blue, Purple, and Green
- Slate Tiles - Blue, Purple, and Green
- Slate Shingles - Blue, Purple, and Green
- Vertical Planks
- Wattle and Daub
- Wood Shakes
- Low Cost/Early Game - Blocks like wattle and daub, rammed earth, and adobe offer stone like protection a cheap cost.
- Walls, Slabs, Stairs - Every block comes with walls, slabs, and stairs for all sorts of building options!
- Blast Resistance - Dry fitted stone offers blast resistance just shy of that of obsidian.
- Timber Framing - Fully customizable set of timber framed wattle & daub and plaster blocks. Each infill type comes with 39 separate, fully rotatable pattern, for hundreds if not thousands of possible designs.
- Carpenters Tools - To rotate your timber framed blocks around in world with a shift right click.
- Wicker Gabions - These blocks will collapse like gravel or sand when shift right clicked with an empty hand, or on a redstone impulse.
A Note to Modpack Makers:
This mod was built with the intention of being used alongside Quark. While this is true, due to differences in style or artwork, and a desire not to require Quark to be installed, there is some overlap. I have also found the Earthworks seems to be installed with one mod in particular, Better with Mods, quite often, and have also made concession to make integration and reducing conflicts and redundancies easier. There are two compatibility config settings to deal with the redundancies in each of these mods. They disable my blocks from registering, and cause all of my recipes to use or produce the correlating Quark or BWM item.
One case I would like to address in particular is that of Vertical Wood Planks. Both Quark and Earthworks add these blocks, which are merely the vanilla Minecraft texture turned on it's side. As these blocks are virtually identical between the two mods, I have coded my vertical planks to automatically disappear when Quark is added, and all my recipes to use Quark's blocks just the same. I realize that this could cause some trouble in worlds build with Earthworks before Quark is added, so I have included a config setting to force Earthworks planks to remain.
I hope these settings will help in integrating Earthworks into modpacks all the easier, and hope that you find my mod a worthy addition to your pack.