Enderthing provides the ability to have globally-shared color-coded inventories.
Yes, it's quite similar to Ender Storage. No, I'm not trying to replace it. I wrote this mod because at the time it was not updated, and I was bored enough to do it. I still maintain it, because I want to. No new features planned at the moment, but I'm open to suggestions, if they make it more varied and unique (Which means, I won't be adding colored tanks). No promises.
WARNING: Data loss bug in versions 0.5.4 and earlier
If you die in 0.5.4 and earlier, the contents of your private inventories WILL be lost, with no way to recover the data other than a world backup! Please upgrade ASAP, as the new storage system introduced in 0.6 does not have this issue.
You can contribute translations at the project's GitHub page. Just clone the repository or use the web editor, it's easy!
- Ender Key: By shift-rightclicking on an Ender Chest, you can open the shared inventory corresponding to the color code of the key. Anywhere, any time.
- Private Keys: These items act like the normal keys, but instead of opening a global inventory, the inventory is player-bound instead, which means other players will get separate inventories from you.
- Ender Lock: By shift-rightclicking on an Ender Chest, you can permanently convert this chest into an Ender Key Chest, which will allow hoppers and other pipes to access the chest.
- If you use the lock on an already-keyed chest, the old lock will pop off, meaning it's reusable.
- If you want to de-key a chest, put it on your hand, and shift-rightclick on air.
- Private Locks: Similarly to keys, they act like normal locks, but with a caveat: Private chests can not be automated, since the inventory is bound exclusively to the player.
- Ender Key Chest
- Use Silk Touch to break without losing the Eye, like in vanilla!
- Clicking the areas around the pieces at the top with dyes will change the colors. Note that this acts on the top face, not the wool pieces themselves.
- Ender Packs: Same principles as the chests and keys: normal ones access the global network, private ones access the private network.
- Ender Security Card: Once bound to a player, the card can be used to bind a chest to a player, so that the inventory becomes automatable.
Support and Contact
Please use the GitHub issue tracker for issue reports and feature requests. Link is available through the curseforge project page.