Cosmetic add-on for Immersive Engineering.
The mod has its focus on non-functional, decorative blocks. If anyhow possible, no tile entities or user interactions are used. Current feature set:
- Clinker bricks: Slightly darker and more colorful version of the vanilla brick block. Eight position dependent texture variations are implemented to make the wall look more "alive". Crafted 3x3 with a brick block in the centre and any combination of bricks and nether bricks around (actually, anything where the ore dictionary says it's a "brick ingot"). Higher explosion resistance than the vanilla brick wall. Also available as stairs, crafted as usual. There is a reverse recipe to get three clinker brick blocks back from four stairs.
- Rebar (steel) reinforced concrete. Expensive but creeper-proof. Crafted 3x3 from four concrete blocks and five steel rods. Texture design oriented at the IE concrete, slightly darker, eight (position dependent) random texture variations with rust traces.
- Slag bricks: Gray-brownish brick, also eight texture variations. Crafted 3x3 from slag in the centre and any kind of bricks ("brick ingot") around. Has a higher explosion resistance than the vanilla brick wall. Also available as stairs, also with reverse recipe.
Treated wood ladder: Crafted 3x3 with the known ladder pattern, items are treated wood sticks.
- Metal rung ladder: Industrial wall-fixed ladder with horizontal bent rods. Crafted 3x3 with five iron or steel rods in a "U" pattern.
- Staggered metal steps: Industrial wall-fixed sparse ladder with steps in a zip pattern. Crafted 3x3 with six iron or steel rods in a zip pattern.
- Treated wood table: Four leg table made out of treated wood. Crafted 3x3 with three treated wood slabs and four treated wood poles. Guess the pattern.
- Treated wood pole: Pole fragment that can be placed in all directions. It does intentionally not connect to posts, fences, etc - just a straight pole. Can be used e.g. for structural support or wire relay post, where the height of the IE wire posts does not match.
More to come slowly but steadily.
Mod pack integration, forking, back ports, bug reports, testing
- Packs: If your mod pack is open source as well and has no installer, you don't need to ask and simply integrate this mod.
- Bug reports: Yes, please let me know. Drop a mail or better open an issue for the repository.
- Pull requests: Happily accepted. Please make sure that use the develop branch for pull requests. The master branch is for release versions only. I might merge the pull request locally if I'm ahead of the github repository, we will communicate this in the pull request thread then.
- The mod config has an "include testing features" option. Enabling this causes blocks under development to be registered as well.
Mods covering similar features, or may fit well together with IE and the decorations of this mod:
- Immersive Engineering: Without IE, my little mod here does not make much sense ;). It works without IE, but quite a few blocks are not craftable.
- Engineer's doors has brilliant doors, trapdoors, and fence doors, all made of the IE materials.
- Dirty Bricks applies position dependent variations to the vanilla bricks, similar to the clinkers and slag bricks in this mod.
- Chisel needless to say, Chisel has a variety of factory blocks.
- Immersive Petroleum has asphalt concrete that fits brilliantly for floors.