Cosmetic add-on for Immersive Engineering.
[Note for 1.13.2: The mod uses temporary recipes until Immersive Engineering is out for mc1.13.2.]
The mod has its focus on decorative blocks. Current feature set:
- Treated wood crafting table: 3x3 crafting table with IE style GUI and a model fitting better in the engineer's workshop. Keeps its inventory (also as item), has eight additional storage slots on the left side of the crafting grid. Crafted 2x2 with three treated wood planks and one vanilla crafting table.
- Small laboratory furnace: Solid fuel consuming, updraught. Slightly hotter and better isolated than a cobblestone furnace, therefore slightly more efficient. Has internal hopper fifos for input, output, and fuel (two stacks each). Two auxiliary slots (storage tray). Keeps inventory when relocated. Crafted with one cobblestone furnace, one hopper, and seven metal plates. Increased smelting speed when a IE external heater is placed in a aux slot.
- Rebar (steel) reinforced concrete: Expensive but creeper-proof. Crafted 3x3 from four concrete blocks and five steel rods. Texture design oriented at the IE concrete, slightly darker, eight (position dependent) random texture variations with rust traces. Also as stairs with the usual stairs recipe, and as tile, crafted 2x2 with four rebar concrete blocks.
- Concrete wall and rebar concrete wall: Solid barrier design walls (not like vanilla walls). Crafted 3x3 with six blocks (the usual wall-recipe).
- Clinker bricks: Slightly darker and more colorful version of the vanilla brick block. Eight position dependent texture variations are implemented to make the wall look more "alive". Crafted 3x3 with a brick block in the centre and any combination of bricks and nether bricks around (actually, anything where the ore dictionary says it's a "brick ingot"). Higher explosion resistance than the vanilla brick wall. Also available as stairs, and wall, crafted as usual. There is a reverse recipe to get three clinker brick blocks back from four stairs.
- Slag bricks: Gray-brownish brick, also eight texture variations. Crafted 3x3 from slag in the centre and any kind of bricks ("brick ingot") around. Has a higher explosion resistance than the vanilla brick wall. Also available stairs and wall, also with reverse recipe.
Treated wood ladder: Crafted 3x3 with the known ladder pattern, items are treated wood sticks. Climbing is faster than vanilla ladders when looking up/down while climbing/descending.
- Metal rung ladder: Industrial wall-fixed ladder with horizontal bent rods. Crafted 3x3 with five iron or steel rods in a "U" pattern. Also slight climbing speed boost.
- Staggered metal steps: Industrial wall-fixed sparse ladder with steps in a zip pattern. Crafted 3x3 with six iron or steel rods in a zip pattern. Also with speed boost.
- Panzer glass: Reinforced, dark gray tinted glass block. Explosion-proof, expensive. Faint structural lines are visible, multiple texture variations for seemless look. Crafted 3x3 with four metal rods, four glass blocks, and one diamond.
- Treated wood table: Four leg table made of treated wood. Crafted 3x3 with three treated wood slabs and four treated wood poles. Guess the pattern.
- Treated wood stool: Simple decorative stool. Crafted 3x3 with three treated wood slabs and one wood pole. You can sit on it, and so can zombies.
- Windows: Treated wood and steel framed variant, tripple glazed glass. Well isolating.
- Treated wood windowsill: Decorative block, not a shelf.
- Treated wood pole: Pole fragment that can be placed in all directions. It does intentionally not connect to posts, fences, etc - just a straight pole. Can be used e.g. for structural support or wire relay post, where the height of the IE wire posts does not match. Foot and head pieces available.
- Inset spot light: Small metal framed glowstone based light source for ceiling, wall, or floor. Light level like a torch. Thin, hence not blocking the way. Allows illuminating places where electrical light installations are problematic.
More to come slowly but steadily.
Mod pack integration, forking, back ports, bug reports, testing
- Packs: If your mod pack is open source as well and has no installer, you don't need to ask and simply integrate this mod.
- Bug reports: Yes, please let me know. Drop a mail or better open an issue for the repository.
- Pull requests: Happily accepted. Please make sure that use the develop branch for pull requests. The master branch is for release versions only. I might merge the pull request locally if I'm ahead of the github repository, we will communicate this in the pull request thread then.
- The mod config has an "include testing features" option. Enabling this causes blocks under development to be registered as well.
Mods covering similar features, or may fit well together with IE and the decorations of this mod:
- Immersive Engineering: Without IE, my little mod here does not make much sense ;). It works without IE, but quite a few blocks are not craftable.
- Engineer's doors has brilliant doors, trapdoors, and fence doors, all made of the IE materials.
- Dirty Bricks applies position dependent variations to the vanilla bricks, similar to the clinkers and slag bricks in this mod.
- Chisel needless to say, Chisel has a variety of factory blocks.
- Immersive Petroleum has asphalt concrete that fits brilliantly for floors.