Ever wanted to exchange / swap between blocks rather than manually breaking and placing blocks? Well, now you have a solution!
Exchangers is a tech-themed gadget mod inspired by the block Exchangers from EnderTech (EnderTech is a Thermal Expansion-based tech mod for 1.7.10 and it has been discontinued)
This mod offers many different block Exchangers, from vanilla-based (uses durability), to supporting the 4 major tech mods (Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism and Immersive Engineering)! Support for other mods will be added as per request.
As for balancing purpose to provide a linear progression, all of the Exchangers are tier-based, you have to upgrade from the previous tier to a higher tier (configurable in config) in order to obtain a better Exchanger!
This mod is currently available for 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12!
Note: As of version 2.1 of Exchangers for 1.12, Redstone Flux is required (Optional as of 2.7, but it is required if you want to use any RF-based Exchangers)!
- 8 different vanilla exchanger variants (uses durability):
- Wood, Stone, Gold, Iron, Diamond, Emerald, Obsidian and End
- 2 different special exchanger variants:
- Tuberous and Creative
- 7 different Ender IO exchanger variants available for 1.10 / 1.12 (uses RF):
- Conductive Iron, Pulsating Iron, Electrical Steel, Energetic, Dark Steel, Vibrant and End Steel
- End Steel Exchanger is 1.12+ exclusive
- 1.12 Requires at least version 2.7 to have proper Ender IO support, any versions below are not supported and will most likely crash
- 5 different Thermal Expansion exchanger variants available for 1.10 / 1.11 / 1.12 (uses RF):
- Leadstone, Hardened, Reinforced, Signalum and Resonant
- 4 different Mekanism exchanger variants available for 1.10 / 1.11 / 1.12 (uses RF):
- Basic, Advanced, Elite and Ultimate
- 3 different Immersive Engineering exchanger variants available for 1.10 / 1.11 / 1.12 (uses RF):
- LV, MV, and HV
- Immersive Engineering support was added since 2.5 for 1.12 or 1.6 for 1.10 / 1.11
For more informations about each Exchangers, go check out FTB wiki!
- Configurable durability / RF capacity for all exchangers (except the special variants)
- Configurable RF usage per block for all RF-based exchangers
- All RF-based exchangers supports Forge Energy (FE)
- All vanilla-based exchangers (except Wooden Exchanger) can be repaired with the correct materials in Anvil
- Regular Exchangers can exchange up to a 15x15 area, depending on the tier. Creative Exchanger can exchange up to 25x25 area (Configurable via config as of 1.8.3 for 1.10 / 1.11 or 1.7.3 for 1.12)
- Config options to tweak recipe difficulties, there are 3 difficulties: easy, normal and hard, normal is the default option, modpack makers can choose whatever preset they want or use CraftTweaker to make their own recipes
- Indicators for the current exchanger area next to crosshair
- In-game config GUI, without the need of going to find and edit the config file manually (certain things require you to restart the game for the new values to be applied)
- Easy to increase / decrease exchange range (Pressing the Range Switch key increases range and holding sneak + pressing Range Switch key decreases range, Range Switch key is bound to "Comma" by default)
- Force Drop Items mode, which forces items to drop on the floor even if there's inventory space (The key to toggle on/off the mode is bound to "Period" by default)
- 3 different exchange modes: Plane, Horizontal Column and Vertical Column (You can switch between them using the Mode Switch key, bound to "Semicolon" by default)
- Harvest level gating system, harvest level on Exchangers goes up whenever you upgrade
- Item containers support (only for item containers with IItemHandler capability implemented, such as /dank/null and Bag of Holding), Exchangers are able to pull blocks from item containers if there's no blocks in players' main inventory
- Config option for Silk Touch mode, enabled by default
- Enchantments support, if Silk Touch mode is disabled, players may enchant the Exchangers with Silk Touch to achieve Silk Touching on Exchangers or Fortune to get additional drops. There's also support for Holding enchant (increases RF capacity) and Unbreaking enchant (reduces chance of consuming RF per block) for RF-based exchangers
- If you're a Patreon or Twitch subscriber of mine, you may have your own special cape in-game with Exchangers installed!
If you would like to make a mod spotlight video for Exchangers, feel free to! Also let me know if you would like your video to be listed below!
Mod spotlight by Mischief of Mice:
Exchangers is being featured in quite a lot of modpacks, here's a few suggested ones for you to play along:
- All The Mods 2
- All The Mods 3
- Enigmatica 2 (Normal / Expert / Expert Skyblock)
- FoolCraft 3
- FTB Unstable 1.12
- FTB Horizons III
- FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.12
- FTB Revelation
- FTB Continuum
- Modern Skyblock 2
- Space Astronomy 2
Bugs / Feature Requests
Please submit any bug reports or feature requests through the GitHub issue tracker.
Source Code & License
- This mod is Open-Source.
- You can find the source code on GitHub.
- This mod is under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0 (LGPLv3).
Using this mod in modpacks
You are allowed to use this mod in any modpacks you would like regardless public or private. But please note that if the compiled mod jars are being modified, any bug reports on my GitHub about a modified jar are not accepted since I've signed my jar using my own key and modifying it will void the warranty. Unless you know what you're doing, be careful.
If you have further details would like to ask me in person, feel free to DM me through one of the methods below!
Support the development
If you enjoy this mod and would like to support my mod development, consider donating / tipping! Every donations / tips are appreciated!
Other than donating / tipping, you may also support me by subscribing on Patreon or Twitch!
- Turkey2349 and ThatGamerBlue for helping me to make this mod
- Shadows_of_Fire for the mod's 2.0 rewrite after Forge registry rewrite
- JCOnline for making the logo of the mod
- ColossalPercy for making all the item textures
- These awesome people for helping out: XaviorDD1st, sokratis12GR
- Minecraft modders from various different Discord channels