Extra Bit Manipulation
This mod is an addon to the Chisels & Bits mod. It adds a wrench that rotates/mirrors/translates/inverts chiseled blocks, sculpting wires/spades that remove/add cuboidal/ellipsoidal/cylindrical/conic/pyramidal areas of bits from chiseled/chiselable blocks, a modeling tool that makes chiseled block models of 16^3 areas of blocks in the world, and armor pieces that render chiseled blocks (and any items) as their moving parts. It also allows chisel designs to be edited and bits to be thrown like snowballs.
Issues should be submitted via GitHub (here), if possible, but can be submitted internally, if need be.
This mod has been released into the public domain. Use it anywhere in any way.
Chiseled Armor tutorial by Pooka Plays:
- 3:55 The fact that armor worn in vanity slots was not visible to anyone else was a bug. The only reason that it (and all the other bugs/issues that have piled up) have been so longstanding is because I haven't touched EBM in nearly a year. This should be fixed in the latest release.
- 23:51 Both 'before' and 'after' GL operations apply to all blocks/items of a moving part. The order is 'before', then 'part-specific', then 'after', since order maters in Open GL.
- 41:35 I never even thought about enchantment overlay rendering. I'll have to look into it.
- 45:55 No promises, but at some point I'll look into the possibility of allowing some worn chiseled armor from preventing portions of the player model from rendering.
- 48:27 Holding shift, while in collection mode, causes the collection area start/end points to be offset by one from the block/pixel you are looking at. This makes collecting liquid bits easier.
- 59:05 Blocks are collected by clicking on one block/bit and releasing on another to collect all intersecting bits. Blocks/bits do not need to be individually clicked.
Finally, I highly suggest that everyone read the tooltips for chiseled armor items while holding control (while in different modes, since the info is mode-specific), as well as clicking the question mark in GUIs and reading all the more detailed hover text while hovering the cursor over each highlighted element.