Holding the Chisels & Bits radial menu key (default is Left Alt, i.e. 'LMENU') with a tool in-hand will open a menu GUI for changing all tool settings. The controls below are alternate means of doing so for most settings:
- Left click a block to set the area that represents the template of the bodypart that the selected moving part renders relative to. (sneaking will allow the area to be placed outside of the block grid).
- Right click to do so and also fill that area with bits of bodypart template blocks (these bits will be ignored when importing blocks into the armor piece -- they exist only to give the player a solid surface to sculpt against).
- Control right click to toggle mode:
- Template Creation: Allows the bodypart template collection area to be set. This area represents the bodypart (at the given scale) that the items of the moving part will render relative to.
- Block Collection: Allows an area to be drawn in the world where copies of all intersecting bits of all intersecting blocks will be imported into the armor piece's selected moving part (sneaking will offset the targeted block/bit by one block/bit, depending on whether blocks or bits are targeted).
- Control scroll the mouse wheel to cycle the scale that blocks in 'Block Collection' mode will be imported at and the scale that the set bodypart template collection area will render at.
- Alt right click to toggle collection target between bits & blocks. Only the bits of block that intersect the collection area will be imported into the armor piece, so targeting blocks will always import whole blocks, while targeting bits may not.
- Alt scroll the mouse wheel to cycle the selected moving part. Blocks imported in 'Block Collection' mode will be imported into this part.
- Right click a chiseled block to rotate, mirror, translate, or invert it:
- Rotation: Clockwise if not sneaking, counter-clockwise if sneaking.
- Mirroring: Front-to-back if not sneaking, left-to-right if sneaking.
- Translation: Away from you if not sneaking, towards you if sneaking.
- Inversion: Inverts all bits regardless of whether or not you are sneaking.
- Shift scroll the mouse wheel to cycle through the four modes.
- Left click blocks to read areas of blocks (up to 16^3 meters).
- Right click blocks to spawn a chiseled block model of the read area.
- Shift right click to open mapping/preview GUI.
- Shift scroll the mouse wheel to cycle area modes:
- Centered: click block to read a 16^3 m area centered on the nearest block grid vertex (block corner).
- Corner: click block to read a 16^3 m area with closet corner on the nearest block grid vertex (block corner).
- Drawn: click a block and release on another block to read all blocks within the enclosed area.
- Control right click to toggle bit mapping GUI opening upon model read.
- Control mouse wheel to cycle chunk snap mode:
- XZ: the area snaps in the X and Z axes (Y axis is unaffected) to whichever chunk the block the player is looking at is in.
- XYZ: the area snaps in the X and Z axes, as described above, and additionally snaps in the Y axis to the 'vertical chunk' (as visualized by pressing F3 + G) the block the player is looking at is in.
- Off: the area does not snap at all.
- Whether or not sculpting shapes of spades are offset for placement can only be changed in the settings menu GUI.
Sculpting Tools: Wires Spades
- [Spades] Shift left click block to set the bit type to add.
- [Wires] Shift left click block to set the bit type to remove (doing so to air clears selection, i.e. any).
- Left click blocks to affect areas of bits:
- Wires: remove bits.
- Spades: add bits.
- Right click to cycle modes:
- Local: click a point on a block to alter bits of that clicked block.
- Global: click a point on a block to alter bits of all chiseled/chiselable blocks intersecting a cubic/spherical/square/circular shape.
- Drawn: click a point on a block and release on another point to alter bits of all chiseled/chiselable blocks intersecting a cuboidal/ellipsoidal/rectangular/elliptic shape.
- Shift scroll the mouse wheel to change the removal area radius.
- Control right click to change sculpting shape.
- Control left click to toggle between targeting bits and targeting bit grid vertices (for local/global modes).
- Control scroll the mouse wheel to cycle through sculpting shapes.
- Alt right click to toggle shapes hollow or solid.
- Alt left click to toggle toggle ends of hollow shapes open or closed.
- Alt scroll the mouse wheel to change wall thickness of hollow shapes.