Achievement Get (thank you for your support!)
Ever get tired of plain old Iron Golems? So difficult to make, always look the same . . . Well, Extra Golems is here for you!
Now introducing 35 golems made from Minecraft blocks, ranging from wood and glass to diamond and nether brick. Each golem has unique properties, as described below. Have fun!
How to Use:
Make a Golem Spell by combining 1 Feather, 1 Redstone, 1 Ink Sack, and 1 Paper in a crafting grid.
Make a Golem Head by combining a Golem Spell and a Pumpkin -- the block looks the same because all you did is stuff a magical paper inside.
To build a golem, start by placing blocks in a 'T' formation, similar to the Iron Golem layout. Finally, place a Golem Head on top. Once created, golems act like Iron Golems, killing monsters left and right and defending your fort / base / testificate prison.
Showcase by PopularMMOs (1.8, V2.04): <https://youtu.be/ZMKrasOs56c>
Extra Golems adds the following golems to the Minecraft universe:
Added in V1.01
- Diamond Golem (220 health, 20 attack)
- Emerald Golem (190 health, 18 attack)
- Gold Golem (80 health, 8 attack, knockback resistance)
- Lapis Lazuli Golem (50 health, 6 attack, gives creatures a negative potion effect)
- Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack)
- Wool Golem (10 health, 1 attack, right click to change color)
- Hardened Clay Golem (22 health, 4 attack)
- Obsidian Golem (120 health, 18 attack)
- Librarian (Bookshelf) Golem (28 health, 4 attack, grants itself a beneficial potion effect)
- Glass Golem (8 health, 14 attack)
- Log Golem (20 health, 3 attack, right click to change texture)
- Clay Golem (20 health, 2 attack)
- Straw (Hay Bale) Golem (10 health, 1 attack)
- Nether Brick Golem (25 health, 7 attack, lights creatures on fire,
slowly melts cobblestone)
- Glowstone Golem (8 health, 12 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Endstone Golem (50 health, 7 attack, teleports)
- Packed Ice Golem (18 health, 7 attack, walks over water and lava by cooling/freezing blocks)
Added in V1.13
- Quartz Golem (85 health, 8.5 attack)
- TNT Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, explodes when lit on fire, killed, and sometimes while attacking)
Added in V1.15
- Sponge Golem (20 health, 2 attack, soaks up water)
Added in V1.16
- Leaf Golem (6 health, 0.5 attack, Regeneration I) -- suggested by darthvader456
- Melon Golem (18 health, 1.5 attack, plants flowers occasionally) -- suggested by MageSlime
- Coal Block Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, can inflict Blindness I)
- Bedrock Golem (999 health, 32 attack, indestructible. Spawn and despawn using item)
- Spawn Bedrock Golem Item (Creative-Mode only) -- use to spawn a Bedrock Golem. Use it on an existing Bedrock Golem to remove it.
Added in V2.05
- Slimy (Slime Block) Golem (20 health, 2.5 attack, massive knockback attack) -- suggested by joshmja91
Added in V2.08
- Prismarine Golem (24 health, 8 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Red Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Mushroom Block Golem (30 health, 3 attack, plants mushrooms occasionally, right click to change texture) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Sea Lantern Golem (26 health, 4 attack, lights up nearby area)
Added in V1.20, 2.09, 3.03
- Redstone Golem (2 attack, 18 health, emits redstone power)
- Stained Clay Golem (3 attack, 26 health, right click to change color)
- Stained Glass Golem (12 attack, 9 health, right click to change color)
Added in V3.04
- Crafting (Workbench) Golem (2 attack, 26 health, right click to open Crafting GUI)
Added in V6.01
- Bone Golem (6.5 attack, 78 health)
- Magma Golem (4.5 attack, 22 health, lights mobs on fire, glows faintly, slowly melts cobblestone)
- Nether Wart Golem (1.5 attack, 22 health, plants nether wart when on soul sand)
- (1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4, 1.10.2) Tinkers' Construct golems are added by Tinkers' Golems Addon
- (1.7.10) Thermal Foundation, IC2, and Immersive Engineering golems are added by Metal Golems Addon
- (1.7.10) Et Futurum -- golems from V2.05+ are backported to 1.7.10 by Et Futurum Golems Addon
- (1.7.10, 1.8.x, 1.9.x) Waila -- special abilities and attack power are displayed with Extra Golems WAILA Addon. You do not need this for Extra Golems 6.02+
- (1.8.9, 1.9.x, 1.10.x) Base Metals -- golems from Base Metals are added by Base Metal Golems Addon
- (1.8.9, 1.9.x, 1.10.x) Modern Metals -- build even more metal golems with Modern Metal Golems Addon
If at all possible, please link to this mod's page instead of redistributing it.
If you must redistribute this mod (ie, download it and then upload it to any public storage other than Curse or CurseForge), you are not permitted to make money by doing so.
Ads are only permitted if a link to the Curse or CurseForge page is provided and no redistribution occurs.
The Config format has been updated (as of V4.03) to customize each golem's spawn permissions, health, and attack power. Most entries look something like this:
# Whether the Bookshelf Golem can be built [default: true]
# Whether this golem can give itself potion effects [default: true]
B:"Allow Special: Potion Effects"=true
# Base attack damage dealt by this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 300.0, default: 1.5]
# Max health for this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 999.0, default: 28.0]
Besides toggling special abilites, you can tweak the following golems:
- Ice Golem: adjust range of "freezing" effect
- Magma Golem: adjust how long it takes to melt cobblestone
- Melon Golem: adjust flower-planting rate
- Mushroom Golem: adjust mushroom-planting rate
- Nether Wart Golem: adjust nether-wart-planting rate
- Redstone Golem: adjust redstone power level (0 ~ 15)
- Slimy Golem: adjust knockback power
- Sponge Golem: adjust range and frequency of water-soaking, toggle particles
- Stained Clay Golem: adjust the metadata of stained clay it drops
- Stained Glass Golem: adjust the metadata of stained glass it drops
- V1.x require Forge for 1.7.10 (built and tested with release 10.13.4.1558)
- V2.x require Forge for 1.8 (built and tested with release 18.104.22.1683)
- V3.x require Forge for 1.8.9 (built and tested with release 22.214.171.1242)
- V4.x require Forge for 1.9 (built and tested with release 126.96.36.1997)
- V5.x require Forge for 1.9.4 (built and tested with release 188.8.131.527)
- V6.x require Forge for 1.10 (built and tested with release 184.108.40.2066)
Please report any bugs or mod conflicts -- this mod should be compatible with all Forge-based mods, but you never know.
Leave comments at the CurseForge page so I can be notified. Thanks!
Notice: as of August 2016, Extra Golems will be maintained by the MinecraftModDevelopment (MMD) team at this GitHub. New features may be added, but keeping Extra Golems up-to-date is the priority.