Achievement Get (thank you for your support!)
Ever get tired of plain old Iron Golems? So difficult to make, always look the same . . . Well, Extra Golems is here for you!
Now introducing 35 golems made from Minecraft blocks, ranging from wood and glass to diamond and nether brick. Each golem has unique properties, as described below. Have fun!
How to Use:
Make a Golem Spell by combining 1 Feather, 1 Redstone, 1 Ink Sack, and 1 Paper in a crafting grid.
Make a Golem Head by combining a Golem Spell and a Pumpkin -- the block looks the same because all you did is stuff a magical paper inside.
Golem Spell and Golem Head
To build a golem, start by placing blocks in a 'T' formation, similar to the Iron Golem layout. Finally, place a Golem Head on top. Once created, golems act like Iron Golems, killing monsters left and right and defending your fort / base / testificate prison.
Showcase by PopularMMOs (MC1.8, V2.04): <https://youtu.be/ZMKrasOs56c>
Extra Golems adds the following golems to the Minecraft universe:
Added in V1.01
- Diamond Golem (220 health, 20 attack)
- Emerald Golem (190 health, 18 attack)
- Gold Golem (80 health, 8 attack, knockback resistance)
- Lapis Lazuli Golem (50 health, 6 attack, gives creatures a negative potion effect)
- Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack)
- Wool Golem (10 health, 1 attack, right click to change color)
- Hardened Clay Golem (22 health, 4 attack)
- Obsidian Golem (120 health, 18 attack)
- Librarian (Bookshelf) Golem (28 health, 4 attack, grants itself a beneficial potion effect)
- Glass Golem (8 health, 14 attack)
- Log Golem (20 health, 3 attack, right click to change texture)
- Clay Golem (20 health, 2 attack)
- Straw (Hay Bale) Golem (10 health, 1 attack, boosts nearby crops)
- Nether Brick Golem (25 health, 7 attack, lights creatures on fire,
slowly melts cobblestone)
- Glowstone Golem (8 health, 12 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Endstone Golem (50 health, 7 attack, teleports)
- Packed Ice Golem (18 health, 7 attack, walks over water and lava by cooling/freezing blocks)
Added in V1.13
- Quartz Golem (85 health, 8.5 attack)
- TNT Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, explodes when lit on fire, killed, and sometimes while attacking)
Added in V1.15
- Sponge Golem (20 health, 2 attack, soaks up water)
Added in V1.16
- Leaf Golem (6 health, 0.5 attack, Regeneration I) -- suggested by darthvader456
- Melon Golem (18 health, 1.5 attack, plants flowers occasionally, slowly heals) -- suggested by MageSlime
- Coal Block Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, can inflict Blindness I)
- Bedrock Golem (999 health, 32 attack, indestructible. Spawn and despawn using item)
- Spawn Bedrock Golem Item (Creative-Mode only) -- use to spawn a Bedrock Golem. Use it on an existing Bedrock Golem to remove it.
Added in V2.05
- Slimy (Slime Block) Golem (20 health, 2.5 attack, massive knockback attack, splits in two upon death) -- suggested by joshmja91
Added in V2.08
- Prismarine Golem (24 health, 8 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Red Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Mushroom Block Golem (30 health, 3 attack, plants mushrooms occasionally, right click to change texture) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Sea Lantern Golem (26 health, 4 attack, lights up nearby area)
Added in V1.20, 2.09, 3.03
- Redstone Golem (2 attack, 18 health, emits redstone power)
- Stained Clay Golem (3 attack, 26 health, right click to change color)
- Stained Glass Golem (12 attack, 9 health, right click to change color)
Added in V3.04
- Crafting (Workbench) Golem (2 attack, 26 health, right click to open Crafting GUI)
Added in V6.01
- Bone Golem (6.5 attack, 78 health)
- Magma Golem (4.5 attack, 22 health, lights mobs on fire, slowly melts cobblestone, splits in two upon death)
- Nether Wart Golem (1.5 attack, 22 health, plants nether wart when on soul sand)
New! Golem Guide Book (WIP) has in-game information about each golem. V7.0.1+ only.
- (1.7.10 to 1.12.x) Tinkers' Construct golems are added by Tinkers' Golems Addon
- (1.7.10) Thermal Foundation, IC2, and Immersive Engineering golems are added by Metal Golems Addon
- (1.7.10) Et Futurum -- golems from V2.05+ are backported to 1.7.10 by Et Futurum Golems Addon
- (1.7.10 to 1.9.x) Waila -- special abilities and attack power are displayed with Extra Golems WAILA Addon. You do not need this for Extra Golems 6.02+
- (1.8.9 to 1.12.x) Base Metals -- golems from Base Metals are added by Base Metal Golems Addon
- (1.8.9 to 1.10.x) Modern Metals -- build even more metal golems with Modern Metal Golems Addon (merged with Base Metals Addon as of 1.12.x)
If at all possible, please link to this mod's page instead of redistributing it.
If you must redistribute this mod (ie, download it and then upload it to any public storage other than Curse or CurseForge), you are not permitted to make money by doing so. Modpacks are completely allowed if they follow this rule.
Ads are only permitted if a link to the Curse or CurseForge page is provided and no redistribution occurs. Seriously, if you didn't make the mod, you shouldn't make money off of it.
The Config format has been updated (as of V4.03) to customize each golem's spawn permissions, health, and attack power. Most entries look something like this:
# Whether the Bookshelf Golem can be built [default: true]
# Whether this golem can give itself potion effects [default: true]
B:"Allow Special: Potion Effects"=true
# Base attack damage dealt by this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 300.0, default: 1.5]
# Max health for this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 999.0, default: 28.0]
Besides toggling special abilites, you can tweak the following golems:
- Ice Golem: adjust range of "freezing" effect
- Glowstone Golem: adjust light-updates (if you have lag)
- Endstone Golem: turn on/off taking damage from water
- Magma Golem: adjust how long it takes to melt cobblestone
- Melon Golem: adjust flower-planting rate
- Mushroom Golem: adjust mushroom-planting rate
- Nether Wart Golem: adjust nether-wart-planting rate
- Redstone Golem: adjust redstone power level (0 ~ 15)
- Sea Lantern Golem: adjust light-updates
- Slimy Golem: adjust knockback power
- Straw Golem: adjust how frequently to boosts crops
- Sponge Golem: adjust range and frequency of water-soaking, toggle particles
- V1.x require Forge for 1.7.10 (built and tested with 10.13.4.1558)
- V2.x require Forge for 1.8 (built and tested with 188.8.131.523)
- V3.x require Forge for 1.8.9 (built and tested with 184.108.40.2062)
- V4.x require Forge for 1.9 (built and tested with 220.127.116.117)
- V5.x require Forge for 1.9.4 (built and tested with 18.104.22.1687)
- V6.x require Forge for 1.10 (built and tested with 22.214.171.1246)
- V7.x require Forge for 1.12.2 (built and tested with 126.96.36.19905)
Please report any bugs or mod conflicts -- this mod should be compatible with all Forge-based mods, but you never know.
Leave comments at the CurseForge page so I can be notified. Thanks!