What is Guidebook?
Guidebook is a library/mod that adds customizable books.
You can add books through mods, resource packs, or using the configuration folder.
If you used the mod for your mod's documentation or a modpack / adventure map, and want it mentioned here, feel free to tell me and I'll be glad to check it out!
How to create and add books
Visit the wiki pages for detailed explanation about the XML file structure and where to place the files.
- XML-based book files
- Includes support for alternative localized books
- Book-style hierarchy inspired by HTML but adapted for Minecraft's content
- book > chapters > sections > paragraphs > spans
- supports formatted text, images and item stacks
- Automatic flow layout of text and images inside paragraphs (inline style only)
- Automatic pagination of sections
- Element conditions: hide chapters, sections or paragraphs based on mod presence or Game Stages
- Template system: allows reusing common book structures
- Recipe support: allows displaying recipes by output item or recipe name
- Hyperlinks: navigate within the book, open web URLs, or copy text to the clipboard.
From most likely to most crazy:
- Server-provided book content.
- The ability to bind links to commandblock commands.
- The ability to listen for link clicks, and handle them from other mods.
- In-book search and index.
- Quest-tracking features and achievement display.
- Page-flip animation.
Feel free to suggest more features!
Can I use this in <X>?
Yes. Unless <X>'s license is incompatible with this mod's, which is unlikely.
Help and Support
For bug reports and feature requests, visit the Issue Tracker at GitHub
For information on how to use the mod, visit the Wiki pages at GitHub
For questions and comments, visit my IRC channel, #gigamc at EsperNET or write down in the comments section