This mod adds many new mobs to specific biomes, dimensions and more. These mobs range from peaceful Makas, farmable mammal-like reptiles with massive sails (watch out for the alphas) to horrific Grues that are made of the very darkness itself! Expect to see angry elementals such as Cinders spawning from large fires or Spriggans from tall grass and crops!
You can tame your very own Warg mount and bind it to you with a Soulstone allowing you to summon and dismiss it at will as well as have it respawn after death! Or perhaps you'd be more interested in created a Summoning Staff or Summoning Pedestal and a Soulgazer, to add each creature you encounter to your Beastiary and then summon it as part of a temporary minion horde, either on the field of battle or at your base to stay guard while you are away or resting!
This mod also adds optional special events which can be turned on via the config or using the command /lm mobevent enable, these events will start at random intervals (highly configurable) and will spawn waves of mobs! Also don't forget about Rahovart, the first boss added to this mod!
This mod takes inspiration from many other games and mythologies as well as entirely unique creatures and is currently well known for it's Doom (by ID Software) inspired Demon Mobs for the Nether!
Support the Cause!
Here are a few mods that use or add support to this mod:
- Thaumcraft Mod Aspects
Adds Thaumcraft Aspects to mobs from this mod and others.
- Doomlike Dungeons
Randomly generated dungeons supports this mod with a custom theme config.
- Roguelike Dungeons
Has custom spawner support for it's dungeons!
I'd like to say a special thanks to everyone who has downloaded and enjoyed this mod, every download that goes through Adf.ly helps support me in taking time to work on this mod, but what truly motivates me the most is to hear and even see (YouTube) people enjoy my hard work and there is much more to come!
A big thanks goes to translators, helping bring you Lycanite's Mobs in your language!
- Merkaba5 - For Russian translations!
- Pifou92000 - For French translations available on Minecraft France
- Josetrujillo - For Spanish translations! Echa un vistazo a la Wiki española Aquí!
I'd also like to give a special thanks to all those who have donated (let me know if you want your name removed or replaced with your username, etc):
- Zak Cantu - A huge donation that will go towards upgrading the public Nephrite Minecraft Server (free for anyone to access), thank you very much!
- Brian Keating - Several whopping donations that will be put to a lot of use, thank you very much!
- Channi Randazo - This one goes towards those hungry Aspids!
- Daniel Scott - One of the Makas recently sat on a fence, this donation went towards those pesky vet fees! Thanks!
- Iulian Gorea - A handy donation that helped beat back a Trite infestation! Thank you!
- Roy Plisko - An amazing donation! This will go towards a new aquatic facility for Skylus research!
- If I haven't mentioned you, let me know and I'll put you on the list! The Minecraft Forums likes to mess up posts sometimes so I can't edit this too often.
Join the Official Nephrite Server with Lycanite's Mobs
Feel free to include this mod in your public/private mod pack! I strongly believe that all mods should be allowed in public packs as sharing should be in the spirit of the Minecraft community! Please provide credit to me (Lycanite) and a link to the mod website.
Videos - Survival Series:
Videos - Reviews: