Modern Skyblock 2
Modern Skyblock 3 in now out!
Have you ever played skyblock and wanted more? Wanted to play it with mods? Or have you played so many Ex Nihilo based mod packs that you're tired from sifting and want a change? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Modern Skyblock is the mod pack for you! Unlike your traditional Ex Nihilo skyblock pack, this one is based around a mod called Sky Resources with a different and unique progression line. Instead of sifting for resources, you get them through alchemy and technology. You also practically have all the mods in the world to play with, but not all are available from the very beginning. It features 200+ mods, 880+ quests and 5 modes:
- Kitchensink - Does not have a progression line, nor changed recipes, but it does have the optional goal of making creative items, Suitable for the casual player that just wants to mess around
- Easy - The normal mode progression line, but easier
- Normal (default) - Has a somewhat tough progression line that has you progress through many different mods to reach your goal
- Expert - Metals and some of the most basic things, including ore excavation are much harder to obtain and require you to fully progress through some mods. Suitable for the most hardcore of players
- Speedrun - Something in between kitchensink and normal mode designed to be completed in under 6h
Note: You can only manually change your mode in config>packmode.cfg>packMode=
- The Twitch App to download it
- At least 4.5-5GB of RAM allocated to the pack.
- A decent CPU.
Notes on BQ
The quest book was made based around the normal mode progression line, so if you are playing in expert mode, there will be a few quests that will be available, but you won't actually be able to complete them for a while.
If something regarding quests or quests rewards is mentiond in the update log, do "/bq_admin default load" and "/bqs_loot default load" to update your questbook.
If you find any bugs or if your game crashes please post them on the pack's issue page. It really helps a lot. When reporting a bug note:
- It needs to be in English
- Be on the latest version
- If it's a crash, put it on pastebin or any other copy/paste site
- Mention whether it's on Singleplayer ir Multiplayer
- Keep in mind that pack makers are people too. Don't just complain about it
Questions and Suggestions
If you have any suggestions or questions post them on the official pack thread. When it comes to progression related questions you don't have to always wait for a reply from me, be fair and if you know the answer answer someone else's question. The thread is not the place for issues though.
The pack has its own server that you could easily join from the main menu.
If you want to make your own server to play with friends or followers, you can find a download for a server file on every update after version 1.7. To create a server run the forge.jar. If you have a big community server, you should disable chunkloading in the "local" file. Keep in mind that the packmode needs to be the same on the server and client.
Join our Discord server and chat with others who play the pack. I also tend to drop hints about future updates there as well.
Before playing in Speedrun mode, you should know that: you can use Plant Matter on Mystical Crops; you gain Mystical Crops seeds from grinding, but not the ones that are for alloys; the time is determined by your in-game time displayed in the top left corner of your screen by default, meaning that if you're playing in Singleplayer you could pause the game to take a break or strategize; your goal is to make a single Ultimate ingot; to compete against other submit a video/VOD of you completing speedrun mode in the pack Discord channel.