Modern Skyblock 3: Departed
Modern Skyblock 3 is the sequel to Modern Skyblock 2 (obviously :P). Modern Skyblock 2 was unique for that that it used Sky Resources for obtaining resources instead of Ex Nihilo, but since its release, a few other packs have used, making Modern Skyblock 3 not unique for that. Modern Skyblock 3 is unique for another reason: Unlike almost every other pack that has a progression line, it doesn't have any recipe changes (besides for those fixing exploits and allowing a few mods to work). Instead, it's entire progression line is based around quests, hence it features 1k+ of them. It also features 3 modes:
- Kitchensink mode - You may play through any mod you want at any time, allowing you to become OP in the first few hours. There will still be many quests to complete that will keep you playing for a while.
- Staged Mode - To progress through one mod you need to progress through another. Even though there are no recipe changes, not being able to use certain items adds a layer of difficulty. However, if you dislike a certain mod, you can usually simply rush through its quests.
- Gated Mode - just like Staged Mode, but to unlock the next stage you need to hand in certain items from the required stages. That means that you need to progress through every mod and you can't simply rush through them.
- The Twitch App to download it
- At least 6-8GB of RAM allocated to the pack.
- A decent CPU.
Notes on Better Questing
Better Questing is not quite stable when there are many quests, so back up often in case the quests break. If they do break, just copy over the better questing file from the backup to your current world and it should be instantly fixed.
If you find any bugs or if your game crashes please post them on the pack's issue page. It really helps a lot. When reporting a bug note:
- It needs to be in English
- Be on the latest version
- If it's a crash, put it on pastebin or any other copy/paste site
- Mention whether it's on Singleplayer ir Multiplayer
- Keep in mind that pack makers are people too. Don't just complain about it
Questions and Suggestions
If you have any suggestions or questions post them on the official pack thread. When it comes to progression related questions you don't have to always wait for a reply from me, be fair and if you know the answer answer someone else's question. The thread is not the place for issues though.
If you want to make your own server to play with friends or followers, you can find a download for a server file next to every version on the Files page. To create a server run the forge.jar. If you have a big community server, you should disable chunkloading in the "local" file.
Join our Discord server and chat with others who play the pack. I also tend to drop hints about future updates there as well.