WARNING: This mod by itself doesn't affect your gameplay, but can play music when other mods are using it. There is no single point in using it unless it's required by other mod.
This mod allows to play music without game freezing and it allows to play music from ogg files in several default ways:
- From resource location (ex: We use testmod:music/beach and it plays /assets/testmod/sounds/music/beach.ogg file)
- From URL (ex: We use any direct URL to .ogg file and it plays it). Note: while playing sounds from URL they get cached in .minecraft/musiclayer/music/ folder with file name of MD5 of the passed URL. Also note that the first time the music gets downloaded it may player a little bit later as it plays the music directly from URL, but next times will get from file system (instantly). (Also launching a thread to check if the MD5 of remote and local files match, used when the file on host gets changed)
- Customizable! This means that you can use any Input Stream to play your desired sound!
Note: This mod extracts another library to /mods/com.pengu.SoundLib.jar! This is normal and required for the Music Layer to function. For twitch pack makers: This file should be known as a library and is uploaded as 'additional file' to the first version of the mod.
That is all for the mod, nothing to add, thank you for reading this.
- You can use this mod in your modpack.
- You are not allowed to re-publish this mod to other sites without providing a CurseForge download link and my permission (PM to Zeitheron, or via Discord)
- You are not allowed to include this (or any other mods of DragonForge team) in your own mod. Building addons, however, is allowed, but a friendly PM would be good.
- The only supported version of minecraft is the latest one that this mod exists for. DO NOT ASK TO DOWNGRADE!
Want to discuss anything? Need help with APIs?
Join the discord server and follow Zeitheron on Twitter!
If you would like to support my work, you can become a patron via Patreon.