Not Enough Cats
Click here to Submit your cat/dog/parrot textures for possible inclusion in Not Enough Cats! This requires a Google account.
Are you tired of the same three domestic cat types? Have you wanted to obtain an Ocelot as a pet? Are you annoyed at cat sounds?
Then this mod is for you!
Click here to see all the varieties currently available:
Type 0: Ocelot (Available since JE 1.2.1)
Type 1: Tuxedo (Available since JE 1.2.1—based on Jeb's Newton)
Type 2: Red Tabby (Available since JE 1.2.1)
Type 3: Siamese (Available since JE 1.2.1)
Type 10: Black Cat (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 4: British Shorthair (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 5: Calico (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 6: Persian (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 7: Ragdoll (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 11: Brown Tabby (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 8: White Cat (Introduced JE 1.14.)
Type 12: Gray Tabby (Introduced in BE but unused)
Type 9: Jellie (Introduced JE 1.14.—based on GoodTimesWithScar's cat)
Type 13: Juno (Custom—based on whrrgarbl's cat)
Type 14: Willie (Custom—based on AstroTibs's cat)
Type 15: Lily (Custom—based on AstroTibs's mother's cat)
Type 16: Boo (Custom submitted—Asher Applegate's cat)
Not Enough Cats features the following:
- When you tame any cat, it retains it skin rather than getting a random one
- Ocelots spawn in jungles, as usual. This means that tamed ocelots look like ocelots.
- Every other texture variation spawns in villages
- All of the JE 1.14 skins are backported and available, as well as multiple custom skins and the otherwise unused "gray tabby" skin
- JE 1.14 cat/ocelot sounds are implemented, as is one unused cat sound
- Tamed cats now have dye-able collars
- There is a config setting to reduce the frequency of tamed cat/dog noises
- There are config settings to increase or decrease the buffer where a following cat/dog/parrot will teleport to you, and others to disable following of any sort
- Ocelot-specific cats no longer avoid water, and non-Ocelot-type cats drop string on death
- Cat behavior, such as how to tame them and creeper avoidance, is unchanged
- Mooshrooms can sometimes spawn with a brown-mushroom texture.