This is a port of MineMaarten's excellent PneumaticCraft mod to Minecraft 1.12.2. The original PneumaticCraft was never ported beyond 1.8.9 (and that port was not fully completed). This port has been carried out with the blessing of MineMaarten, who is also happy for this project to be hosted on CurseForge. I'll also state here that (with MineMaarten's agreement) this project will earn Curse points, split between us.
In-game documentation is available, thanks to the newly-ported IGW for MC1.12.2 (thanks MineMaarten!). Most video tutorials for the 1.7.10 version of PneumaticCraft still apply to this release (but remember that this version uses Oil, and not Plastic Plants, for making plastic).
Note that there are a few minor new features in PneumaticCraft: Repressurized, summarised here:
- CraftTweaker support! See this page for a description of the recipes that can be added/removed
- The Aphorism Tile can now show markup (using Alt + 0-9,a-f, l-o & r), and has some popup help to show the key binds. You can also edit an existing Aphorism Tile by right-clicking it with an empty hand.
- Heat sink effects are a little different. They won't set fire to you until over 100C (over 60C causes "hot floor" damage). And very cold (< -30C) heatsinks now slow you (duration and severity depend on temperature), and hurt if they're extremely cold (< -60C).
- Vortex Cannon is now more effective at breaking plants and leaves. You can also use the cannon to fling yourself considerable distances (but beware fall damage!)
- The One Probe is supported (in addition to WAILA/HWYLA), and the probe can be crafted with the Pneumatic Helmet to integrate it.
- The kerosene lamp can now burn any burnable fuel (including fuels from other mods); better fuels last longer (LPG is the best right now). That can be disabled in config (B:keroseneLampCanUseAnyFuel=false), to have the old behaviour of burning kerosene only.
- Forge Multipart support has gone, of course, but after a fair bit of testing, I decided not to include MCMP2 multipart support at this time. MCMP2 is just not quite there yet as far as stability goes (and that's in general, not just with PNC:R). However, I do want to revisit this in future.
To compensate for the lack of multipart tubes, a couple of new features have been added:
- Wrenching a tube section will toggle it open/closed. This is potentially also useful to avoid air loss if you need to knock out a section of tubing for maintenance purposes.
- New Camouflage Applicator tool to hide camouflageable blocks (tubes, elevator base & caller, pneumatic door base, charging station). You can disguise these blocks with pretty much any other block. Note that the door base & elevator base no longer have slots for items to camouflage, and the old behaviour of sneak-right-clicking a charging station or elevator caller doesn't work anymore. Camouflaging elevator frames is currently not possible, but should hopefully be re-introduced in a later release.
Most or all of the old mod integration is back in place, at least for all of those mods which have been ported to MC1.12.2. IndustrialCraft2 Pneumatic Generator and Electric Compressor have been added in the 0.2.0-85 beta release.
The PneumaticCraft API is still available, and mostly unchanged. Significant changes are:
- IDrone#setProperty() and IDrone#getProperty() are gone (IExtendedEntityProperties is not a thing since MC1.9). Use capabilities if you need to store extra data on a drone.
- IDrone#getInv() now returns an IItemHandlerModifiable rather than IInventory. (PneumaticCraft: Repressurized doesn't use IInventory or ISidedInventory at all anymore - inventory access is pretty much all done via capabilities or at least via item handler classes)
- IDrone#getCarryingEntity() is now IDrone#getCarryingEntites() and returns a list
You're free to include this mod in your modpack. Have fun!