Railcraft started off as a simple minecart mod, but it has since become much more than that.
It features a fully fleshed out tech tree, with great effort gone into providing a balanced gameplay.
Railcraft was also one of the pioneer mods when it comes to Multi-Block structures. It features a whole slew of these structures, including the mighty Steam Boiler and the stunningly massive Iron Tanks.
For more detailed information regarding the mod, you should visit the website at http://railcraft.info
- Crowbar - Rapid rail adjustment for the experienced rail engineer!
- Working Signalling System - Never experience another head-on collision again!
- Cart Linking & Locomotives - Make a real train!
- Multi-Block structures - For when magic blocks just won't cut it.
- Boarding and Holding Rails - Never chase your minecart again!
- One Way Rail - Carts going the wrong way? Not anymore!
- Control Rail - Power entire sections of track to propel carts in the direction you want!
- Junction Rail - Putting the diamond in your rails (no actual diamonds required).
- Launch Rail - I can see my house!
- High Speed Rails - Get there faster! If you don't crash.
- Reinforced Tracks - For those nether railways.
- Wooden Rails - Jurassic Park style, only with creepers instead of dinosaurs.
- Elevator Rail - Go up, fast.
- And many more.
- Steam Locomotive - Chugging away all day long!
- TNT Cart - Explosive fun!
- Tank Cart - The easy way to transport Buildcraft liquids!
- Energy Cart - Convenience away from home, bring your IndustrialCraft2 power with you!
- Tunnel Bore - Avoid the monotony of digging perfect tunnels!
- Detector Blocks - More freedom to control your carts!
- Loader/Unloader - Move items and liquids automatically!
- Cart Dispenser - Convenient storage for you carts!
- Iron Tanks - Massive Multi-Block Tanks for liquids.
- Steam Boiler - For all your energy needs.
- World Anchors - Automate things even when you are not around!
- Rebalanced drag rates for carts - Now your storage carts will actually reach their destination!
- Completely new collision code - Carts can now push other carts, furnace carts are almost not useless!
- Names of default minecarts simplified.
- Improved lighting on minecarts.
- Minecart reversal recipes. Separate that chest from that cart.
- All rail recipes completely reworked to make an entire industry out of building a railroad. What good is Buildcraft with nothing to build? (config option)
- Minecarts now have a max stack size of three. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer break into separate parts when destroyed. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer collide with items at normal speeds. (config option)
- Module based system that lets you remove the parts of the mod you dislike.
- Extensive configuration file that allows you to disable any block or item or change the way rails are crafted.
- Full Multilingual localization support.
- Backup Your World!
- Delete any old versions of the Railcraft zip files in the ".minecraft\mods" folder
- Install Minecraft Forge
- Download and drop the Railcraft zip file into the ".minecraft\mods" folder.
- Do not extract or attempt to place the contents into minecraft.jar!