RandomPatches is a mod that contains a bunch of miscellaneous patches for Minecraft. RandomPatches only contains features that require ASM transformers. Tweaks that don't require ASM transformers go in RandomTweaks.
Read and login timeouts
- The read and login timeouts are hardcoded in vanilla Minecraft, and are often not long enough for slower computers.
- On Minecraft 1.9 and higher, RandomPatches allows you to configure the read and login timeouts.
- By default, RandomPatches sets the read timeout to 90 seconds and the login timeout to 900 seconds.
- The read timeout is the time the server waits for a response to the KeepAlive packet it sends every set interval. This interval can also be configured.
- The read timeout is automatically rounded up to a product of the KeepAlive packet interval.
- The login timeout generally has more impact than the read timeout.
- This also sets the "fml.readTimeout" and "fml.loginTimeout" system properties.
- These timeouts can be configured and take effect in-game, unless the NetHandlerPlayServer patches are disabled in the configuration.
Force return to the title screen
- In vanilla, the game returns to the Multiplayer/Realms menu when disconnecting from a server.
- RandomPatches provides an option to force returning to the title screen after disconnecting.
- This option is disabled by default.
- This can be used in conjunction with ServerObserver. If you have auto-connect enabled and leave a server to go AFK, without this mod, ServerObserver automatically rejoins the server because Minecraft returns to the Multiplayer menu.
- This can be configured and take effect in-game, unless you set "patchTitleScreenOnDisconnect" to false.
Configurable player speed limits
- On Minecraft 1.9 and higher, this removes the rubber banding and the "<Player> moved too quickly!" log spam that occurs when players move too fast.
- The normal movement speed, elytra movement speed and vehicle movement speed can be configured.
- This feature disables itself if SpongeForge is installed since it already has this functionality.
- These limits can be configured and take effect in-game, unless the NetHandlerPlayServer patches are disabled in the configuration.
Faster language switching
- Almost removes the lag from switching to another language.
- This was taken from FastLang.
- This cannot be toggled in-game.
Toggle Narrator keybind
- Adds a Toggle Narrator keybind.
- This is similar to Rebind Narrator, but RandomPatches' version is slightly more consistent with vanilla behavior.
- This feature disables itself when Rebind Narrator is installed.
- Since the narrator was implemented in 1.12, this only works in Minecraft 1.12 and higher.
- This feature cannot be enabled/disabled in-game.
Minecart AI Fix
- This is just a very simple fix for MC-64836. This bug causes non-player entities to be able to use their AIs to move minecarts, which can interfere with automation.
- This cannot be enabled/disabled in-game.
Configurable window title/icon
- This allows the window title and icon to be configured.
- The title is set immediately and the icon is set a few seconds after the window is created.
- This loads much earlier than It's the little things' version, but will disable itself if ITLT is installed.
- On versions below 1.9, the title and icon will load a bit later.
- The title and icon are configurable in-game, and are set to the vanilla title and icon by default.
- All features are configurable.
- On Minecraft 1.10 and higher, /rpreload reloads the server-sided configuration and /rpreloadclient reloads the client-sided configuration (which are the same thing in a singleplayer world).
- On Minecraft 1.11 and higher, there is a configuration GUI. Many options can be changed in-game, and many also take effect in-game.