Now for 1.10.2!
Please Note: The Server hotfix was released and everything works good! If you find problems report them on the GitHub!
Join my discord to meet the devs and see some other mods by Cazsius!
If you're enjoying my mods, check out my patreon (click the text below) or donate in the top right corner, everything helps!
Special Thanks to my Patreons Currently!
Also You can report issues you find here!
I apologize for the timed out link for those who saw it!
Join my friends down at the MMD Discord to meet all sorts of modders and fun people!
Check out this showcase by Amaxter for the 1.10.2 Versions!
More reviews in spoiler:
Rope-Bridge is a mod that builds (you guessed it) rope bridges AND now rope ladders! Features:
- Bridge Building Gun with three separate craftable parts
- Ladder Building Gun with three seperate craftable parts
- Simple point-and-shoot system
- Building animations
- Custom bridge quarter-slabs
- Detection for blocks that are in the way
- Fully server-compatible
- Custom Achievements!
- New string recipe (hint: wool)
- Fancy models especially on 1.10.2 version.
- Textures taken from loaded resource pack
- Configuration for many options!
- Performance improvements
- Configuration file added with several settable values
- [1.8+] Commands to edit the same values temporarily in-game with "/ropebridge" command
- [1.8+] Ability to build bridges from commands alone, server and client (see Building below)
To craft the grappling gun, three sub-parts must be crafted first:
Please Note: Ladder Gun Recipes coming soon. Uses Barrel and Stock, but separate head.
Hook: 5 iron ingots
Barrel: 6 iron ingots, 3 strings
Stock: 1 flint and steel, 1 gunpowder, 2 iron ingots, 1 string, 2 wood
Now the gun itself can be crafted from the three parts:
To build a bridge, fire the grappling gun just like you would a regular bow. When aiming the grappling gun (right-click), the player's view is zoomed in and directed in line with a cardinal direction.
Upon release the bridge is built if possible.
The bridge won't build if:
- There is something in the way (get's marked with smoke particles)
- The bridge is too steep
- The required materials are not present in the player's inventory
Note: These restrictions can be turned off in the config file.
If something goes wrong, a prompt will let you know what the problem is and how to fix it right in chat. If everything checks out, the bridge will be built from slabs and string found in the inventory. The material of the bridge is determined by the first kind of slab found in the inventory.
You can also build bridges between two coordinates using commands:
/ropebridge x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 [wood_id]
/ropebridge 0 60 0 20 64 0 5
Will build a dark oak bridge from (0, 60, 0) to (20, 64, 0).
Leaving the wood_id blank will build with the default material, oak.
Please note the command is currently only in the 1.8 and below versions.
A list of wooden slab types are below:
Oak Slab - 0
Spruce Slab - 1
Birch Slab - 2
Jungle Slab - 3
Acacia Slab - 4
Dark Oak Slab - 5
To break the whole bridge at once, simply sneak and break any bridge section with the Grappling Gun!
I hope you enjoy this mod and please don't hesitate to give me ideas for how to improve it. If you wish to use this mod in a video or include it in a pack, just give credit and let me know through a curse message or by joining my discord here! https://discord.gg/NRCQA6u
Please Note: when providing a comment please include a link to your pack, and provide proper credit, including a link to the mod and LordCazsius showing that I current manage the mod.
If you want to be in this list, ask me before adding my mod to your pack!