Runes of Wizardry
Runes of Wizardry is all about placing patterns of Arcane Dust to create Runes with various effects.
It intends to be a full reimplementation of the old Runic Dusts mod.
There are two options to get ingame documentation:
- with Guide-API installed, the Runic Dictionary works as any guidebook (v1.12.2-0.8.7 and up).
- The Runic Dictionary (Enhanced Edition) has the description and cost of runes in the tooltip (hold shift). It can also be used to automatically place runes.
- A few of the items also have JEI descriptions if their use/obtainability is not obvious.
Runes and dusts are provided in separate downloads, without an addon, this is decorative only. For a reimplementation of the Runic Dusts Mod runes, see the Classic Dusts Pack
On its own, this mod adds the following:
- Dusts: They can be placed on the ground in a 4x4 pattern on each block. remove with left click or right click with an empty hand
- 5 types of arcane dust: plant, water, fire, glowstone, and ender
- Chalk dust: a cheaper, decorative dust that can usually not be used in runes
- ¸Arcane Dye: A block that allows to change the color of chalk dust.
- Colors are specified in hexadecimal (0-F) RRGGBB (red green blue) format
- There are presets for vanilla colors
- automatable: will set the color of its contents on a falling redstone pulse
- Dust Pouches: hold a near-infinite amount of a single type of dust
- Dust Broom: clear a full block of dust in one click
- The base framework for addons to create Runes and Inscriptions
- Runes are special patterns that can be activated for an effect
- Runes are documented and can be placed with the Runic Dictionary
(left/right-click to select a rune, shift-right-click to place it, tooltip has documentation)
- Runes are activated by dropping the proper items as sacrifice and right-clicking with the Runic Staff
- Inscriptions are worn in either the chestplate or Baubles amulet slot and can have different effects
- Inscriptions are (temporarily) created with special runes (Inscribing Rune of XX) and "charged" by the Inscription Enchanting Rune (with the proper sacrifice)
- the "rw_export [filename]" command will save the pattern you are looking at to a JSON file in the runesofwizardry_patterns folder
- the "rw_import [filename | runeID]" command will load a pattern from a file in the runesofwizardry_patterns folder (or from a registered rune) and place it where you are looking
For documentation: use JEI for recipes as well as some extra information; The tooltips of inscriptions and of the Runic Dictionary should provide more information.
zombiepig333/lightningpig333 - Project founder
billythegoat101 - Original author of The Runic Dust Mod