Contains shared classes used by several of my mods, to make them easier to update and maintain. This is for Minecraft 1.9 and up only. Not required or available for even more ancient versions (why haven't you updated?)
Please note I provide limited support for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2, and no support for older versions. For 1.12.2, I recommend using Silent Lib 3.0.x. The 2.3.x versions were released in the middle of a major cleanup/refactoring project, and tend to be incompatible with many builds of my mods.
Likely to remove in 1.13+.
Version 2.1 introduced a guide book system. Any mod is welcome to utilize it. The design is heavily inspired by the booklet from Actually Additions.
The guide book allows buttons to quickly get to the mod's config GUI or achievements page (if implemented). A search box and an entry with all chapters is also included by default. A book is made of entries, entries contain multiple chapters, and chapters are one or more pages.
This is the Silent's Gems guide book. Currently this is the only mod that uses the guide book system, but creating a book is extremely easy. The hardest part is writing the actual text!
Cross Compatibility (Legacy)
This is discontinued in recent versions. The text in this section is left here for legacy reasons. Getting a mod to run on 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 is relatively simple. Supporting 1.12.x as well... not so much. In order to provide a better experience for players on 1.10.2 and 1.11.2, I have cut support for those versions. Only the 1.12.x versions of my mods are currently being updated.
For 1.10.x/1.11.x Players
Silent Lib allows some mods to run on multiple Minecraft versions. Mostly, this is limited to 1.10.2/1.11.x (10/11) compatibility. The 1.12.x versions mods have cut support for 10/11, it's just too messy. Download the version of Silent Lib marked with your Minecraft version (1.10.2, 1.11.2, etc.), then download the other mod(s) marked "universal". Yes, I realize this is a bit confusing. I wish there was a better way. But if you are using the Curse/Twitch client, the correct files should be downloaded automatically.
This feature is heavily inspired by McJty's CompatLayer. I borrowed ideals/code from there and modified it to fit my needs. Credit where credit is due.
List of Silent Lib Mods
May or may not be up-to-date (updated 2018-10-29). I release new mods occasionally. But I'll try to keep this updated. Some of my mods do not use Silent Lib, mostly smaller mods that add no blocks or items.
Required By (and Actively Maintained)
Required By (but Discontinued/Suspended)
- Borderblocks (work suspended due to lack of time)
- Fun Ores (will likely discontinue soon)
- Silent's Gems: Extra Parts (will discontinue, irrelevant in 1.13+)
- Super Multi-Drills (discontinued in 1.11.2)
- It crashes!
- Make sure Silent Lib and all mods that depend on it are up-to-date first. Mismatched versions are a common cause of crashes.
- If updating does not help, report it on the issue tracker of the mod that seems to be at fault. Usually the other mod is responsible. I may have forgotten to publish an update.
Legacy Issues (1.10.2/1.11.x only)
If you are crashing or one mod says it can't find Silent Lib, first make sure you have updated both Silent Lib and all mods that use it.
- A mod is looking for "SilentLib" (with capital letters) and can't find it: You are using a badly outdated version of the other mod.
- A mod is looking for "silentlib" (all lowercase letters) and can't find it: You are using a badly outdated version of Silent Lib.
If updating does not resolve the issue, make a new issue on the issue tracker of the mod you believe is responsible based on the crash report. To get to the issue tracker, go to the page of the mod on CurseForge and click the "Issues" link at the top.