This mod adds in hammers and excavators which take the material traits of pickaxes, and by default their usage speed are x0.6 as the respective pickaxe, and the durabilty are x6 more. These can be changed in the config file (however the default values will be what I feel is balanced :) ). There are also a few special hammers I've added: Mini Hammer, Giant Hammer, Powered Hammer, Nether Star Hammer and Mjolnir. All can be crafted apart from Mjolnir which spawns in shrines. Have a look at the wiki for more information.
All recipes can be found in NEI (1.7.10) or JEI (1.9.4+), but you can also find most information on the GitHub Wiki.
Compatibility is added for some mods, however if you find there is a material which you'd like a hammer to be made out of, then please do let me know and I'll look into it! (In v1.5+ you can define your own custom tools! See below for details)
You can easily change the individual traits of all tools and many other things within the mod.
Notable new features
Added CraftTweaker2 integration!
You can see an example of adding and removing custom recipes using this here:
Thanks to Matryoshika for the example!
You can now customise the material traits of all tools in the mod using the custom hammers json config! By default, it'll generate all the tools you're used to (include all tools created from other mod based materials) and you can then edit them to what you like. If you remove any of the tools here, they'll be removed from the game too! And you can also define new tools here - just follow the same layout of existing tools and you should be good! I've added an explanation of the json file to the wiki here.
- JaskiGZ - Spanish translations
- TartaricAcid - Chinese translations
- Matryoshika & kindlich - CraftTweaker2 integration
If anybody would like to also provide localization for other languages, please do feel free to PM me.
Credits also go to the authors of Tinkers Construct for their hammer code which enabled me to do this and thanks to Pahimar for creating an amazing YouTube series on creating and setting up a Minecraft mod!
Lastly, thanks to anyone who has helped me along the way! My close friends (you know who you are! Having to test my mod on your server all the time... (they love it really)), everyone who's replied to my threads on the Minecraft Forums and also you random people who've messaged me advice or posted issues :)
- If you have any questions or requests, please feel free to comment or pm me and I'll reply as soon as I can.
- Any issues, please post on the issues section of the GitHub repository either by clicking here or using the "Issues" link at the top. Please make sure you check changelogs for any file specific notes and previous issues before posting a new issue!
- If a version is in alpha, then be aware that it either does not contain fully complete features and/or may have significant bugs. I do not recommend using these versions, so use at your own risk!
For MC versions 1.10/1.11 and above, I'm now using a continuous versioning. This means, for example, version 1.10.2-1.4.4 and 1.11-1.4.4 will have the same content. But a version with an extra number like 1.11-126.96.36.199 will have the same content still, but will have bug fixes for that last minor version.
So the structure of the versions are:
Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not the best at explaining this XD