Unbelievable! This mod has reached 600K downloads. Thanks to everyone who downloaded this mod!
The 1.12 version of Spartan Shields is now available! Apologies it took so long.
NOTE: Unfortunately due to the mods not being available on 1.12, the Dark Steel Riot Shield (for Ender IO) and the Botania Shields aren't in this release. When these mods become available, they will be added back in.
Spartan Shields is a mod for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.11.2 & 1.12 that adds a variety of new shields to the game.
- Crude Wooden Shield - Very early game with low durability; easily crafted in a emergency; Base of all other shields
- Stone Braced Shield - Early-Mid game with improved durability over the basic wood shield
- Iron Plated Shield - Mid game shield with better durability than vanilla's shield
- Gold Gilded Shield - Low-Durability shield with a higher chance of getting a better enchantment on it
- Diamond Reinforced Shield - Late game shield with a durability that seems to last forever
- Bulky Obsidian Shield - High Durability Shield that slows the player down when equipped
In addition the following shields will be available if a mod containing that material is installed:
- Silver - Hurts undead that come in contact with it.
- Signalum - Inflicts Weakness when hit.
- Lumium - Inflicts Glowing when hit.
- Enderium - Inflicts Slowness when hit.
As well as shields that can be charged with RF and Forge Energy (But can't enchant them using an Enchanting Table):
- Dark Steel Riot Shield (craftable in 1.10.2 only) - from EnderIO
- Infused Riot Shield - from RFTools
- Flux-Infused Shield - from Redstone Arsenal
Most shields can be enchanted with a variety of enchantments, including Unbreaking I-III and even a new enchantment known as Spikes I-III, which acts like the Thorns enchantment for shields. Other modded enchants work as well, such as Soulbound from Ender IO.
However, these new shields cannot have the custom banner patterns put on them.
Requires Java 8!
Any Issues/Bugs/Balance Issues? Let me know here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/spartan-shields/issues
Any language translations anyone can do would be greatly appreciated! Leave a comment below if you can provide one.
English verion of the Language file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5q0zWDI5UsRFc1SW00SHRRUUU/view?usp=sharing
Permission granted! No need to ask. If you have a interesting modpack including this in it, let me know! I would love to see it.
Plans for Future Versions:
- AbyssalCraft Shields (I had to push this back for the next version, sorry)
- Fancy Shields (Custom shields with banner patterns)
- IC2 Shields
Mod Showcase for Version 1.0 (By Alec Is Gray):