Inconceivable! This mod has reached 1 Million (!) downloads. Thanks to everyone who downloaded this mod!
Spartan Shields 1.4 is out now for Minecraft version 1.11.2 & 1.12.2! (1.10.2 version coming soon?)
- Added Seven new Shields
- Constantan Shield
- Five using AbyssalCraft materials: Darkstone, Abyssalnite, Coralium, Dreadium & Ethaxium
- One using Better With Mods materials: Soulforged Steel
- Config Changes:
- Added an option to disable the red "Uncraftable Shields" tooltip text. This should be helpful for Modpack developers so they can make manual changes to recipes without it looking like it's misleading.
- The config file has been rearranged into separate categories. This means that most established config settings will not carry over during the update.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to backup and delete your old config file before running this version of the mod and manually re-add the config settings as you desire. Otherwise, it can mess with the config GUI and clog up the existing config file.
- (1.12.2 only) Adding json style recipes to the mod, instead of using code.
- (1.12.2 only) Reintroduces the Botania Shields in the mod, back as they used to be.
- Recoloured the Botania Shields to look more in line with the current iteration of Botania
Special thanks to Ghost8909 for providing the texture for the Soulforged Steel Plated Shield!
Spartan Shields is a mod for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.11.2 & 1.12 that adds a variety of new shields to the game.
- Crude Wooden Shield - Very early game with low durability; easily crafted in a emergency; Base of all other shields
- Stone Braced Shield - Early-Mid game with improved durability over the basic wood shield
- Iron Plated Shield - Mid game shield with better durability than vanilla's shield
- Gold Gilded Shield - Low-Durability shield with a higher chance of getting a better enchantment on it
- Diamond Reinforced Shield - Late game shield with a durability that seems to last forever
- Bulky Obsidian Shield - High Durability Shield that slows the player down when equipped
In addition the following shields will be available if a mod containing that material is installed:
- Silver - Hurts undead that come in contact with it.
- Signalum - Inflicts Weakness when hit.
- Lumium - Inflicts Glowing when hit.
- Enderium - Inflicts Slowness when hit.
- Darkstone, Abyssalnite, Coralium, Dreadium & Ethaxium from Abyssalcraft
- Soulforged Steel from Better With Mods
As well as shields that can be charged with RF and Forge Energy (But can't enchant them using an Enchanting Table):
- Dark Steel Riot Shield (craftable in 1.10.2 only) - from EnderIO
- Infused Riot Shield - from RFTools
- Flux-Infused Shield - from Redstone Arsenal
Most shields can be enchanted with a variety of enchantments, including Unbreaking I-III and even a new enchantment known as Spikes I-III, which acts like the Thorns enchantment for shields. Other modded enchants work as well, such as Soulbound from Ender IO.
However, these new shields cannot have the custom banner patterns put on them.
Requires Java 8!
Any Issues/Bugs/Balance Issues?
Let me know here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/spartan-shields/issues
Any language translations anyone can do would be greatly appreciated! Leave a comment below if you can provide one.
Here is the English verion of the Language file here for anyone wishing to provide translations (for version 1.4): https://drive.google.com/open?id=10lqxoaOpoDxwxf__ecGI6jp4z0GRn2Aj
Permission granted! No need to ask. If you have a interesting modpack including this in it, let me know! I would love to see it.
Plans for Future Versions:
- Fancy Shields (Custom shields with banner patterns)
- IC2 Shields
Mod Showcase for Version 1.0 (By Alec Is Gray):