Thermal Technology marches on. Adds Thermal-style tools and equipment!
Thematically, this mod is meant to add tools and gadgets that directly increase player power - that is, things that help you as a player manipulate the world. There won't be much in the way of automation, per se. It is not included in Thermal Foundation because this mod will rely on some level of infrastructure, whether provided by Thermal Expansion or other mods, and the point of Thermal Foundation is to just provide a base for the Thermal Series.
Sorry that the wiki isn't up to date yet, but basically the mod has 3 things at the moment:
- Fluxbores (Drills)
- Fluxomagnets (Magnets)
- Hypoinfusers (Potion Injectors)
More stuff is coming! We hope to have Fluxsaws (Buzzsaws) and FluiVacs done in the coming week. It's actually more of an art crunch than anything else, but we didn't want to hold up releasing the finished parts.
All of these tools and gadgets scale, and have 5 tiers + Creative. The tooltips on all of them should be very self explanatory.
- Basically shovel + pickaxe for digging.
- Higher tiers of them can mine larger areas at once, up to 5x5. You can adjust this on the fly.
- The more blocks that are mined at once, the slower the mining operation is (though it's still faster considering how many blocks are mined).
- I'm open to rebalancing the dig speed of these based on feedback.
- Recipe isn't necessarily "final" but is reasonably priced, in my opinion.
- Have filters, just like Satchels.
- Passive mode costing 50 RF/ItemStack attracted.
- Can be right clicked to pull items to you from a target area up to 64 blocks away. (250 RF + 50/ItemStack).
- They currently respect Immersive Engineering conveyors but NOT Botania's Solegnolias. It's on the todo list.
- Can be toggled to keep you topped up with a potion effect.
- Requires Fluid Potion (Thermal Expansion or Immersive Engineering are the only two, to my knowledge.)
- Right click an entity to forcibly inject it with the Potion. Stimpaks, anyone? :)
CoFH Core is required to play this mod! It can be found here: CoFH Core
Thermal Foundation is required to play this mod! It can be found here: Thermal Foundation
For more detailed information on the mod, please visit the website at TeamCoFH!
- Backup your world!
- Delete any old versions of the CoFHCore, ThermalFoundation, and ThermalInnovation.jar files from your ".minecraft/mods" folder.
- Install Minecraft Forge
- Download and drop CoFHCore, ThermalFoundation, and ThermalInnovation.jar files into your ".minecraft/mods" folder.