Welcome to Recycling, Thermally!
Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
Discussion thread can be found on Minecraftforum.net.
Now with MineTweaker3 support!
Tired of accidentally creating 1e64 Pneumatic Servos when building machines in an Applied Energistics crafting grid? Have a bunch of iron and diamond armor looted from dungeon chests that you wish you can break apart? Have a bunch of metal blocks you want to combine to make new alloys, but don't want to break them into ingots, first? Well, this mod is for you!
Thermal Recycling is a Thermal Expansion 4.x add-on mod that adds several machines that can process all that extra stuff to produce raw materials and do useful things:
- Thermal Recycler - breaks an item down into it's component parts, or converts them to scrap which can be used for other things.
- Scrap Assessor - allows you to see how an item will be processed based on the processing core installed.
- Composter - takes green and brown material as input and accelerates crop growth around the block.
- Vending Machine - trade those items you don't need to other players
- Battery Rack - use RF charged devices to energize your power grid.
For a lot of basic items additional Redstone Furnace, Pulverizer, Sawmill, and Induction Smelter recipes are added so that ingredients can be recovered. For example, pulverizing an Iron Door will give back 6 Iron Dust. These recipes show up in the normal fashion with NEI.
Some other highlights for Thermal Recycling:
- Paper Logs and Paper Log Maker. Used to make furnace fuel from paper.
- Fertile Land. Immune to trampling and doesn't need irrigation. Craft using worms that are found when digging up Grass blocks.
- Better than Bondo! Use Scrap/Scrap Boxes to repair/rename items in an Anvil.
- Pile of Rubble. Find these underground when mining. Break them to get random items.
- RTG Energy Cell. Craftable power source using Energetic Redstone.
I would like to hear from you! Feel free to PM any comments. Also, if you have a suggestion for improving the mod go to the projects Issue page and create an entry.
If you find a bug the best place to get let me know about it is the Issue tracker. This allows others from different sites to see the problem and allows me to track it in a better way. If you have general questions related to game play or want to share your experience with other players there is a thread for the mod on the Minecraft forums that you can use.
Thermal Recycling is licensed MIT. This means that you are free to include in modpacks and there are no requirements about giving credit or linking pack to any page. However, if you feel compelled to give credit I won't mind. :)
If you wish to donate you can support me on Patreon.