This mod adds different wand items to the game. These wands can be used for convenient and fast building of walls, filling of bodies of water of ditches and valleys, creating of islands and digging of shafts or removing of mountains.
I have created this mod for my own convenience. I have released it on special request. This mod will definitely screw up the game balance, so if you do not like it, don't use it. I do not recommend adding this mod to any servers, since it can be used to seriously screw up the game world in just two clicks. If used without caution, the items in this mod can kill the player in an instant and destroy every creation in a jiffy, there are no safety features whatsoever ... You have been warned!
The exchange wand does work correctly only for standard blocks. Special blocks with different types can produce some unexpected exchanges. For example flowers will only exchange correctly the basic vanilla flowers (roses and dandelions). This should be fixed. So even special blocks will be copied with their correct parameters. Still there could be blocks out there with an funny outcome. Be cautious :D
- thanks to Falien83 for the Dutch translation.
- thanks to Chinyun for the Chinese translation.
- thanks to the forge team for creating forge :D
Some youtube videos reviewing the mod in different stages, visit those guys and give them a thumbs up :D
One review of the 126.96.36.199 version by newod in Chinese:
plus a cool little animation by him as well
One review of the 188.8.131.52 version by Канал Кейна in Russian:
A review of 184.108.40.206 (MC 1.12.x) from AznDarkproduction in French:
drackiseries has done a wonderful review. (Unfortunately it has been published 2013, so it is a wee bit out of date. If somebody could do a fresh one I could add here as well, I would be very happy :) )
Recipes and usage:
There are currently ten wands:
The recipes are in a diagonal line from bottom left to top right. A
gold nugget, a stick, and one item described below. (For example add a
cobble stone for the stone digger wand or a diamond shovel for the cube
digger wand. Special bottom items are mentioned.
Sand in Water Wand (sand on top, water bucket on bottom)
Universal Fill Wand (diamond)
Exchange Wand (diamond on top, emerald on bottom)
Dirt Fill Wand (dirt)
Iron Ore Fill Wand (iron ore)
Cobble Fill Wand (cobble)
Stone Fill Wand (stone)
Cube Digger Wand (diamond shovel)
Air Wand (iron shovel)
Gap Filler Wand (emerald)
Water Filler Wand (bucket of water)
Remove Water Wand (bucket)
Arrow Wand (bow on top, diamond on bottom)
Grow Wand (tree sapling)
Torch Wand (torch)
Fill Down Wand (Gold Ingot)
Copy/Paste Wand (diamond on top and bottom)
** wands can be reset by right click. The right click does not have to target a block.
* The Sand in Water Wand can be used to fill bodies of water with sand. If a block next to water is clicked, the water will be filled with sand. Click a block next to water on top and every coordinate around it will be filled in this way.
* Universal fill wand can be used to fill gaps with any block. Click on an block and the block type is noted, second click will remember the coordinate and the third click will fill every block between the second and third clicked blocks with the block of the first click.
* Exchange wand can be used to exchange a block type against another in a set area. First click will determine the block you want to have, second click will determine which blocks you want to have exchanged, third click will remember the coordinate and fourth and final click will exchange all blocks set by the first click with the blocks set by the second click.
* Dirt Fill Wand is used to fill the space between two blocks with dirt. First click will store the coordinate, second click will fill the area between first and second click with dirt blocks.
* Cobble Fill Wand same as the Dirt fill Wand, except the filled in block is cobble stone.
* Stone Fill Wand, same as the Dirt fill Wand, except the filled in block is smooth stone.
* Cube Digger Wand, if a block is clicked it will remove the blocks from a 3x3x3 area in the direction of the click.
* Air Wand, is used to remove all blocks in a selected area. The first click will store the coordinate, second click will remove all blocks in the area between first and second click.
* Gap Filler Wand, is used to fill all gaps in an area with a selected block type. The first click will select the clicked block type, second click will store the coordinate and the third click will fill all gaps (air blocks) in the area between second and third click with the block selected with the first click.
* Water Filler Wand, is used to fill all gaps in an area with water. The first click will store the coordinate, the second click will fill all gaps (air blocks) in the area between the first and second click with water.
* Remove Water Wand, is used to remove wate. The first click will store the coordinate, the second click will remove all water blocks in the area between the first and second click.
* Arrow Wand, point, right click, kill nasty bugger with powerful arrow :)
* Grow Wand, will apply the bone meal effect on a block (will make most sense on a plant actually able to grow faster with bonemeal).
* Torch Wand, will place a torch on the block at the side the block is right clicked on.
* Fill Down Wand, if a block is clicked, the air on that side of the block and all air blocks below it will be filled with the clicked block. If a block is clicked on top, all columns around it will be filled that way. If bedrock is clicked, sand will be used instead.
* Copy/Paste Wand. First click marks the start, the second click the end of the copy volume. The third click will copy the marked volume using the last clicked block as starting point for the source volume. The face of the first click will define the front face of the volume to be copied (it can not be top or bottom), the last click will define the front face of the copy (it can not be top or bottom as well). Thus it is possible to turn the copied volume by 90, 180 or 270 degrees, but not on its back or top.
Building limits for the fill wands are 1000 blocks in x and z direction and 300 blocks in y direction. If these limits are exceeded, the wand will be reset. (I have implemented this to prevent overloading the system by to many exchanges, don't know if this is actually needed, but to be on the save side. Eventually I'll put this into the config file, so if somebody has the need to exchange more than 300.000.000 blocks at once can do so...)
The wands should not be able to remove or exchange bedrock.
Create an island:
Build a pillar from bottom of the sea to the surface somewhere in the ocean. Click on any block on the ocean floor, click onto the top block of the pillar and instantly fill the x, y and z coordinates between the two clicked block with respective blocks. Use smooth stone for the bottom and dirt for the top three layers.
If you want a flat surface for building projects, use the dirt filler block and fill valleys layer for layer until the valley is filled.
Remove hills and mountains:
From top to the desired level, build parallel shafts right next to each other with the digger wand, thus removing the hill...
Build a house:
Build a pillar in the desired hight of the house. Click the top of the pillar and one block on the bottom to create a wall. Repeat for all four walls, now with a block on the top side of the last wall. Remove blocks in the walls for windows and doors. Add two blocks at the level of the desired floors in the corners opposite of each other and fill in a floor by clicking one after the other.
- feel free to add this mod to mod packs
- feel free to browse the source for inspiration
- feel free to send me ideas and requests
- DO NOT COPY the binaries to any other download site
- DO NOT COPY the source or assets to any other mods